Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa for my Vietnamese Partner to go on holiday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for my Vietnamese Partner to go on holiday.

Hi all,

I am British, my partner is Vietnamese. Her family recently moved to the USA, and we have been discussing our future in regards to this situation.

She wants to come live with me in the UK when we get married in 2018, but she also wants to be able to easily visit her family. She tells me it is very difficult for a Vietnamese person to get a Visa for anywhere in Europe/USA (her company has organised her previous visits to the UK, and her family organises her visits to the USA currently).

My question is, once she gains a Visa to live in the UK with me, as her husband, will it be easy to get a tourist Visa? She will have a good household income, as we are both in the same career; she will have a residency Visa for a country that has easy travel to the USA; and a husband living in another country, so she would be classed as a low risk for illegal immigration/overstaying her visa (which I assume are the reasons it can be difficult to acquire one currently).

She wants reassurances that she can easily visit her family any time she needs, as she is worried about a lot of things in her life right now.

Anyway, many thanks to any who reply.

UK only gives Visas for someone permanently living there? Will she become a citizen? From what I understand... If she can show strong ties to her home country getting a visitor visa to the US should not be a problem... But my question would be... Which ties are stronger? Parents? or Husband?... Final word will be up to the officer who handles her interview.
    Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Rigby View Post
      Hi all,

I am British, my partner is Vietnamese. Her family recently moved to the USA, and we have been discussing our future in regards to this situation.

She wants to come live with me in the UK when we get married in 2018, but she also wants to be able to easily visit her family. She tells me it is very difficult for a Vietnamese person to get a Visa for anywhere in Europe/USA (her company has organised her previous visits to the UK, and her family organises her visits to the USA currently).

My question is, once she gains a Visa to live in the UK with me, as her husband, will it be easy to get a tourist Visa? She will have a good household income, as we are both in the same career; she will have a residency Visa for a country that has easy travel to the USA; and a husband living in another country, so she would be classed as a low risk for illegal immigration/overstaying her visa (which I assume are the reasons it can be difficult to acquire one currently).

She wants reassurances that she can easily visit her family any time she needs, as she is worried about a lot of things in her life right now.

Anyway, many thanks to any who reply.
      When you say her family recently moved to the U.S. do you mean as permanent residents? If that is correct, she would not have any problems visiting in the future as she will have already been living here in the U.S. and then left here to be with you in the U.K. Also, she will be living in the U.K. with her spouse making the U.K. her home country. Where is the immigration risk? Even though yes she is a Vietnamese citizen and under different circumstances it would be very difficult to obtain visas, her circumstances will have changed. Her citizenship will play much less of a role than it did before. Hope this helps

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X