Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania Drivers License with L1

Hi all,

I'm very confused about whether and if so, how, I can get my Pennsylvania drivers license with my L1B visa. I want to get my PA drivers license because I need one to register a car and purchase car insurance.
    I found some conflicting information online and I haven't had any luck calling PenDOT. I've also asked our HR but they didn't know either & also tried calling PenDOT with no luck.

-> I moved to PA a couple of weeks ago from the Netherlands.
    -> I have a Dutch drivers license. I also have an expired Michigan drivers license (expired a year ago), back from when I studied there on an F1 visa.
    -> My visa expires in August 2021

I read somewhere that I need to wait 12 months before I can apply for a PA drivers license and have to use my foreign license until then (which doesn't help me because I can't register a car with my Dutch license). I read somewhere else that I can apply already but that I need to go through the entire process (medical exam, learners permit, road test, etc.).

Hope there's anyone here who can help me!

As long as you can clear all driving tests, including theoretical you can get a license. Just carry copy of your passport/visa and latest I-94

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X