apply for I-485 while H4 is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apply for I-485 while H4 is pending

I have applied for I-140 (NIW green card) in January and I am planning to apply for I-485 adjustment of status. I am on H1B visa now and my wife has applied to change her status to H4 (waiting for approval). I am wondering because her H4 application is pending, will this be a problem for I-485 or not?Is better we wait for H4 approval or travel outside US gets H4 visa and then we apply for I-485?

Help help help

Originally posted by farshid16 View Post
    I have applied for I-140 (NIW green card) in January and I am planning to apply for I-485 adjustment of status. I am on H1B visa now and my wife has applied to change her status to H4 (waiting for approval). I am wondering because her H4 application is pending, will this be a problem for I-485 or not?Is better we wait for H4 approval or travel outside US gets H4 visa and then we apply for I-485?
    We are in the same situation. Can you please tell us as how did you proceed ? It will be a great help .

Comment

Originally posted by Worryimm View Post
      We are in the same situation. Can you please tell us as how did you proceed ? It will be a great help .
      We ended up applying for I-485 while H4 was pending. We included the USCIS receipt for my wife H4 application and explained that she applied for H4. Shortly after that, her H4 was approved (not related to I-485 application). We got her EDA/AP combo card recently, no problem so far. Still waiting for I-485 application. She did not travel abroad during this time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X