Marriage and immigration questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage and immigration questions

Hi, as the thread-name says i have questions regarding marriage and immigration to the usa.

Im 23 year old and from europe, i have a bf since ca 2 years,he unfortunatly lives far away from me in the usa.
    We talk daily and i haven't met him in person yet but i visit him soon. We already know that we want to live together and marry,
    so the meeting is basicly only to confirm that and because its required for future marriage visas like k1.

As i have nothing that keeps me here and i hate my place, we deceided that it would
    be best if i move to him in the states.The thing is we know that the usa is not the easieast place to immgirate to,
    so we are unsure what route would be the best and fastest to get me over.

I will visit him in the next 1-2 monthes on a visa waiver but im unsure how to continue after this point.

Should we get married while im on the tourist visa/ visa waiver, then have me return to my country.
    applying for k3 and continue this way?

Or should i visit him and not marry yet, return to my country and have him rather get me a k1 visa
    to marry him later and continue from there?

I need help now to find the best and fastest way,what would be the next steps in either routes and
    are there perhaps even faster or better ways?We just want to live together as soon as possible and i
    want to spend as less as possible time in my country after i have to return when my visit is over...

Note that im a transgirl and still offically count as male, so it will be same sex marriage, im not sure if the steps are different
    here, the staate he lives in is washington.

After divorce

I have been married for 7 years and am in the middle of a divorce. My almost ex husband did not want to help me with the process of getting anything done as far as a green card goes. I am currently here through DACA. My question is can I still apply for a green card even after a divorce Through the fact that I was married? I know it is unlikely but I wanted to find out anyway just in case. I would have had to return to Mexico for my probationary period and he didn't trust me and honestly was very controlling to let me do that. So he always put it off and eventually I applied for DACA.

Comment

Visit on the waiver, return to your home country, and have him petition you for the K1.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Claudia Leos View Post
        I have been married for 7 years and am in the middle of a divorce. My almost ex husband did not want to help me with the process of getting anything done as far as a green card goes. I am currently here through DACA. My question is can I still apply for a green card even after a divorce Through the fact that I was married? I know it is unlikely but I wanted to find out anyway just in case. I would have had to return to Mexico for my probationary period and he didn't trust me and honestly was very controlling to let me do that. So he always put it off and eventually I applied for DACA.
        So your post is somewhat confusing. Your stating you're on DACA which was implemented 6/15/2012 which pertains to people who arrived before their 16th birthday and before 2007. How did you originally come into the U.S.? And I am not sure what you mean by return to Mexico during your probationary period? I would need some more information to be able to advise.

I would need to know your age and/or how you were approved for DACA, and how you originally came into the U.S. Also, are you saying your soon to be ex-husband is a U.S. citizen?

Trinity71

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudia Leos View Post
          Get legally separated and apply. Do not get divorced.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X