your suggestions plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your suggestions plz

I have my h1b visa till feb 2017 (5 months) and i joined my first job in US around a month ago. I am planning to bring my family, do you think i can go ahead and book visa appointments for my family even my visa expires in another 5 months?

If not, if i go for extension, do i have to produce minimum of 3 pay cheques for the visa extension documentation? will that be ok, if i just give 1 or 2 pay slips?

I am planning to bring my family ASAP, any suggestions are welcome.

Originally posted by sssusvisa View Post
    I have my h1b visa till feb 2017 (5 months) and i joined my first job in US around a month ago. I am planning to bring my family, do you think i can go ahead and book visa appointments for my family even my visa expires in another 5 months?

If not, if i go for extension, do i have to produce minimum of 3 pay cheques for the visa extension documentation? will that be ok, if i just give 1 or 2 pay slips?

I am planning to bring my family ASAP, any suggestions are welcome.
    Whic country is your family in currently? I see a wait time of over 2-3 Months in India for appointments. In which case would make sense to apply for extension in premium and and then book post extension approval.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

My family is in india and i see there are slots available for October and November too (just verified).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Whic country is your family in currently? I see a wait time of over 2-3 Months in India for appointments. In which case would make sense to apply for extension in premium and and then book post extension approval.

My family is in india and i see there are slots available for October and November too (just verified).

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

I would still refrain from going ahead and scheduling the visa interview with a petition expiring in Feb 2017, as they will most likely be asked to come with extended petition or be given visa only till Feb 2017 which in turn would mean extension processing in another few months and costs associated with it. If really in a rush, ask employer to file extension in premium, you would get approval within a few weeks (provided all documentation is in order) , that way you can have the family go for interview with an extended petition.

Comment

I would still refrain from going ahead and scheduling the visa interview with a petition expiring in Feb 2017, as they will most likely be asked to come with extended petition or be given visa only till Feb 2017 which in turn would mean extension processing in another few months and costs associated with it. If really in a rush, ask employer to file extension in premium, you would get approval within a few weeks (provided all documentation is in order) , that way you can have the family go for interview with an extended petition.

Thank you. I want to check if i can go for extension with just one pay slip?

Comment

Thank you. I want to check if i can go for extension with just one pay slip?
            Do you have the client letter and SOW if working for an end client?

Comment

Do you have the client letter and SOW if working for an end client?
              Yes, i do have client letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X