Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I married in a foreign country, can I apply for my US spouse visa in my home country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I married in a foreign country, can I apply for my US spouse visa in my home country?

I married my American wife in a foreign country and now I have to go back to my home while our k-130 application is still pending.

I know the rule says that you must apply in the country that you married, but since I no longer have a legal permit to stay in that country, what are my options here?

There is no requirement that you must be processed in the country of marriage. You have to be processed in your country of citizenship or in another country in which you have a valid work or residence visa or submit your petition while in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by togsonkaks View Post
    I married my American wife in a foreign country and now I have to go back to my home while our k-130 application is still pending.

I know the rule says that you must apply in the country that you married, but since I no longer have a legal permit to stay in that country, what are my options here?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X