Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help...Petitioning someone with disability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help...Petitioning someone with disability...

Hi, can someone share their experience to those who have petitioned a person with disability. My 4yr old son was diagnosed to have a mild-autism (ASD). I also have a 5yr old daughter and she is normal and is already in US together with his Mom. My wife is petitioning my son and we would like to know what would be the outcome of the visa interview. We already process some required documents like his diagnosis report for his autism, but from what i've heard from someone with a same case but was travelling to Canada that the consular officer put HOLD on their petition or refuse temporarily since they require additional documents/requirements for their autistic child like some papers indicating that the child will not be a burden for the canadian government and something like theraphy reports. Since my sons travelling to US and not in Canada, does anyone here have been on the same situation as ours.

Some say we have a chance on granting a visa since it is not a communicable disease. However i would like to hear from someone who had experienced or was granted visa eventhough he/she had a disability like our son who has Autism Spectrum Disorder. Any information would greatly help me to better answer any questions during my sons interview with a US consular officer. We also can afford to support our childs therapy and special school eventhough we know that US government gives free services to kids with disability.

Can a visa be denied if an applicant had disability? Can you share your experience so that we could have an idea on whats gonna happen. Thank you so much and god bless you for your help.

The US visa processing does not exclude applicants because of autism. I have friends who have obtained visas for their children with autism-related conditions, and they encountered no particular exclusion difficulties.

-Ray B

Originally posted by nick19 View Post
    Hi, can someone share their experience to those who have petitioned a person with disability. My 4yr old son was diagnosed to have a mild-autism (ASD). I also have a 5yr old daughter and she is normal and is already in US together with his Mom. My wife is petitioning my son and we would like to know what would be the outcome of the visa interview. We already process some required documents like his diagnosis report for his autism, but from what i've heard from someone with a same case but was travelling to Canada that the consular officer put HOLD on their petition or refuse temporarily since they require additional documents/requirements for their autistic child like some papers indicating that the child will not be a burden for the canadian government and something like theraphy reports. Since my sons travelling to US and not in Canada, does anyone here have been on the same situation as ours.

Some say we have a chance on granting a visa since it is not a communicable disease. However i would like to hear from someone who had experienced or was granted visa eventhough he/she had a disability like our son who has Autism Spectrum Disorder. Any information would greatly help me to better answer any questions during my sons interview with a US consular officer. We also can afford to support our childs therapy and special school eventhough we know that US government gives free services to kids with disability.

Can a visa be denied if an applicant had disability? Can you share your experience so that we could have an idea on whats gonna happen. Thank you so much and god bless you for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X