Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa overstay

Hello guys
    I have visited the USA about 3 times now. On my 3rd trip my boyfriend proposed and I said yes and we got married right away. We didn't really know the process and discovered I couldn't adjust for status because I had run out of time on my i-94 (visitor) and he is a permanent resident NOT citizen. Now he's convinced me to stay and apply for adjustment of status after he becomes a citizen. How often do people who overstay get visas? What advice can you give me. So far I have accumulated 150 days on my overstay.

If you overstay, then leave the U.S., you would need a waiver from an overstay penalty.

If you wait until your husband becomes a U.S. citizen, and then apply for Adjustment of Status, you will be eligible for Adjustment of Status.

If, before your husband becomes a U.S. citizen, you apply for Adjustment of Status and submit an I-130 petition, the I-130 petition will be approved, but your Adjustment of Status will be denied.

--Ray B

Originally posted by katlyn View Post
    Hello guys
    I have visited the USA about 3 times now. On my 3rd trip my boyfriend proposed and I said yes and we got married right away. We didn't really know the process and discovered I couldn't adjust for status because I had run out of time on my i-94 (visitor) and he is a permanent resident NOT citizen. Now he's convinced me to stay and apply for adjustment of status after he becomes a citizen. How often do people who overstay get visas? What advice can you give me. So far I have accumulated 150 days on my overstay.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X