Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for H1B when ammendment was under process..What will happen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for H1B when ammendment was under process..What will happen ?

Hi,

My H1B extension application receipt date is 21st July 2016 and it has been filed with Nebraska service center.
    The latest application status showing on the USCIS official website is - "Name Was Updated"

I have following queries pertaining to my application:-
    1. Latest status shown on the USCIS website are as below:-
    Receipt No Received on Service Center Application Latest status shown on the USCIS website
    EAC1617 YYYY XX 23-May-16 Vermount Amendment Case Was Received
    LIN1620 YYYY XX 21-Jul-16 Nebraska Extension Name Was Updated

2. What does the status "Name was updated" mean?
    3. When can I expect my extension and amendment approvals?
    4. When I filed my VISA extension, my amendment was in process (filed with VERMOUNT service center - Receipt No: EAC1617 YYYY XX).
    Is it going to affect my H1B extension application? It has been observed that VERMOUNT has much more backlogs and hence it might take more time to get my amendment approval.
    However, normal processing time for Nebraska service center is less than 3-4 months.
    5. Is it going to affect the processing timeline if applications are filed at different service center? How does it get processed when applications are filed at different service centers?
    6. As per the information available on the internet -
    If any employee has their amendment in process, USCIS will process his/her "extension" only after getting an "amendment approval".
    7. What if I travel to my home country when my application is under process?

Thank you!

Hi jshinde88 - Help with "Name was updated"

Originally posted by JShinde86 View Post
    Hi,

My H1B extension application receipt date is 21st July 2016 and it has been filed with Nebraska service center.
    The latest application status showing on the USCIS official website is - "Name Was Updated"

I have following queries pertaining to my application:-
    1. Latest status shown on the USCIS website are as below:-
    Receipt No Received on Service Center Application Latest status shown on the USCIS website
    EAC1617 YYYY XX 23-May-16 Vermount Amendment Case Was Received
    LIN1620 YYYY XX 21-Jul-16 Nebraska Extension Name Was Updated

2. What does the status "Name was updated" mean?
    3. When can I expect my extension and amendment approvals?
    4. When I filed my VISA extension, my amendment was in process (filed with VERMOUNT service center - Receipt No: EAC1617 YYYY XX).
    Is it going to affect my H1B extension application? It has been observed that VERMOUNT has much more backlogs and hence it might take more time to get my amendment approval.
    However, normal processing time for Nebraska service center is less than 3-4 months.
    5. Is it going to affect the processing timeline if applications are filed at different service center? How does it get processed when applications are filed at different service centers?
    6. As per the information available on the internet -
    If any employee has their amendment in process, USCIS will process his/her "extension" only after getting an "amendment approval".
    7. What if I travel to my home country when my application is under process?

Thank you!
    Hi Jshinde , I am in a same situation . Could you please let me know what happened for the case for which you got "Name was updated"

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X