Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221 (g) "Refusal of visa" Cause for alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 (g) "Refusal of visa" Cause for alarm?

I just had my visa interview for my K1 visa application this morning in the US EMBASSY IN MANILA, PHILIPPINES. The consul was asking for my OLD passport because of my previous travels to the USA but unfortunately I don't have it with me that's why I was given the 221 (g) form and I must send the embassy my OLD passport as soon as possible. In the mean time my application is still on hold. I intend to send my old passport tomorrow so ideally I should not worry. But I saw several blogs and threads about 221 g and apparently this is a cause for concern. Honestly, I believe not having my old passport and send them to follow should not affect my application negatively as they would only need to assure the my old USA visas are made invalid. However reading about 221 g and it being a long and draggy process makes me uncertain.

With my case do you think I should be alarmed? And do you think it is necessary for the embassy to take months just to asses my old passport and my pending application? Is there anyone out there who can share their 221 g success stories? Help, I wanna be with my fiance come Christmas this year, even more so I would not want to pass a petition all over again.

Alarmed

Originally posted by Armmartz View Post
    I just had my visa interview for my K1 visa application this morning in the US EMBASSY IN MANILA, PHILIPPINES. The consul was asking for my OLD passport because of my previous travels to the USA but unfortunately I don't have it with me that's why I was given the 221 (g) form and I must send the embassy my OLD passport as soon as possible. In the mean time my application is still on hold. I intend to send my old passport tomorrow so ideally I should not worry. But I saw several blogs and threads about 221 g and apparently this is a cause for concern. Honestly, I believe not having my old passport and send them to follow should not affect my application negatively as they would only need to assure the my old USA visas are made invalid. However reading about 221 g and it being a long and draggy process makes me uncertain.

With my case do you think I should be alarmed? And do you think it is necessary for the embassy to take months just to asses my old passport and my pending application? Is there anyone out there who can share their 221 g success stories? Help, I wanna be with my fiance come Christmas this year, even more so I would not want to pass a petition all over again.
    You can only be Alarmed if you lied or skipped the truth during your interview , if not then you should be fine bearing in mind also if she gave you a white form WHICH IS ALWAYS A GOOD SIGN

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X