Raised deductible overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised deductible overnight

I want to new gynecologist for a pre-conception counseling. After that, right before I got the bill for the visit Tthe insurance raised my deductible from $3,000 to $5,000 per person overnight. It is October and the plan resets in January. WHY? This seems illegal. How can insurance raise the deductible like that? They doubled all other coverage (e.g. out of network per family of 2 is now $40,000 and was $20,000)

Originally posted by vicky86 View Post
    I want to new gynecologist for a pre-conception counseling. After that, right before I got the bill for the visit Tthe insurance raised my deductible from $3,000 to $5,000 per person overnight. It is October and the plan resets in January. WHY? This seems illegal. How can insurance raise the deductible like that? They doubled all other coverage (e.g. out of network per family of 2 is now $40,000 and was $20,000)
    cause domestic insurance laws allows that to happen. just look at prices in 2017 compared to 2016. everything has gone up. frustrating? yes Illegal? not at all.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X