Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B validity after OPT applied

Hello,

I was working for an year on H1b when I planned to go for Masters.My H1b was valid til 2017. So I applied for COS from H1B to F1 and received it in 2-3 months. Now , I am currenlty on F1 and will be graduating in December. Since I am currently on F1 , I understand that my H1 is invalid now. As, I am graduating in December 2016 . I am looking for a full time job. I know that F1 students have the option of working on OPT till they get H1B approved.

I am also applying for OPT in case I do not get the job by the time I complete my graduation because I do not want to ne out of ststus.

My question is: Is my H1B of any help to me now. Will it be valid in any way. If I get job on OPT, can I ask the employer to transfer to my H!B. Also, will I have to get a job on OPT now because I am on F1 or if I get a job before graduation can my F1 be transferred to H1B .

I read somewhere that I do not have to go through the lottery and entire proces. A transfer of visa would be required if my employer agrees to do. Is this true !1

Any help will be really appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X