Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way for me to stay in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way for me to stay in the US?

Hello.
    I'll put long story short.

I'm a Japanese who entered the US with VWP in Feb 2016, and got married in May 2016.
    Although I came to the US to see my boyfriend, I didn't intend to get married during my 3 months here,
    but we decided to get married.
    We still haven't applied for AOS for many reasons.

Lately, I started having a feeling that he and I do not work as a couple
    (I don't think he feels this way), and actually I'm thinking of getting a divorce.
    But I'm just an overstay...
    Leaving the US would impose me a 3 years or longer ban of entering the US,
    or maybe never be able to come back here and I do not want that.
    I finally started getting used to the life in NY so I don't really wanna go back to Japan.

So here's my question.
    Is there any way for me to stay here legally if he and I are to get a divorce?
    Or do I have to torelate myself with him and apply for AOS?
    Is it possible that after getting divorced, I find another man, get married to him,
    and apply for AOS?

It's been really tough for me and I know that I was stupid to make this decision.
    But please be understanding. Anything would help.

Thank you.

Not too many options

If you haven't filed for the AoS yet you are already unlawfully present (as you know) and getting married to another USC will make it very suspicious (obvious, really).

You should not file for AoS now if your present relationship is not sincere and if the only reason for doing so would be to get back in status.

So you don't have too many legal options. If you just happen to find someone whom you actually are in love with and wish to marry him out of love, go ahead. But be prepared for some tough questioning during the interview.

If you decide to divorce you should leave the US as soon as possible and face the 3 year ban (before it becomes a 10 year ban).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X