Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having H1 and B1. Travelling on B1

Hello,

I am in too much of confusion. Please help.

I have H1B Visa stamped Valid till Sep 18. I have traveled to US, stayed there for 3 months and returned back. Got my SSN and state id but did not work anywhere.
    I have Joined with a new employer in India. They have requirement for travel of 3 months and not willing to transfer my h1. As I already have a B1, they asking me travel on B1.

what happens at Immigration, Will they allow me on B1? if they allow, will they cancel my H1 Visa?
    If they allow me to work on B1, will they change the Status of my entry to B1
    During the 3 months of Stay, If I get a full time/contract position and Some x company willing to transfer my H1, Can I go ahead with it?

Ragards
    Raju

Originally posted by ARajuReddy View Post
    Hello,

I am in too much of confusion. Please help.

I have H1B Visa stamped Valid till Sep 18. I have traveled to US, stayed there for 3 months and returned back. Got my SSN and state id but did not work anywhere.
    I have Joined with a new employer in India. They have requirement for travel of 3 months and not willing to transfer my h1. As I already have a B1, they asking me travel on B1.

what happens at Immigration, Will they allow me on B1? if they allow, will they cancel my H1 Visa?
    If they allow me to work on B1, will they change the Status of my entry to B1
    During the 3 months of Stay, If I get a full time/contract position and Some x company willing to transfer my H1, Can I go ahead with it?

Ragards
    Raju
    You seem to be violating the basic requirements of the visa you are having. On H1 you are supposed to work and get paid, on B1 you are not supposed to work. The immigration officer has every right to cancel the visas if they get a doubt that you are not adhering to the rules.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You seem to be violating the basic requirements of the visa you are having. On H1 you are supposed to work and get paid, on B1 you are not supposed to work. The immigration officer has every right to cancel the visas if they get a doubt that you are not adhering to the rules.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable advice. I am travelling on B1 for Business Meetings as the project just getting started. Any how I will request my current org to transfer h1.

Regards
      RajuReddy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X