Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa expiry date

Hello Everyone,

I have couple of questions related to Visa expiry date and I94 validity.

I have a L1B (blanket) visa which is expiring on 07 Jan 2017. I'm currently in India and planning to go to US in November 2016.
    My passport expiry date is in 2027.

1) At POE, will i get I94 based on the visa expiry date ? or 3 years from the date of entry to US. ?
    2) My dependents will be travelling in December 2016. Will that be a problem, (considering, only 2-3 weeks of visa validity will be left) ?

Any information you can provide in this regard would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rahuldixit View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have couple of questions related to Visa expiry date and I94 validity.

I have a L1B (blanket) visa which is expiring on 07 Jan 2017. I'm currently in India and planning to go to US in November 2016.
    My passport expiry date is in 2027.

1) At POE, will i get I94 based on the visa expiry date ? or 3 years from the date of entry to US. ?
    2) My dependents will be travelling in December 2016. Will that be a problem, (considering, only 2-3 weeks of visa validity will be left) ?

Any information you can provide in this regard would be very helpful.

Thanks.
    Most of the recent experiences at the POE suggest that the officer gives I94 as per passport expiry/visa expiry/I797 expiry, whichever is the earliest.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Most of the recent experiences at the POE suggest that the officer gives I94 as per passport expiry/visa expiry/I797 expiry, whichever is the earliest.

Thank you Raghvi for the information.

So most possible scenario is that i will have a I-94 which is valid for 2 months (considering i travel by Nov).
      In that case, i would have to apply for extension (for me and my dependents as well) within those 2 months.
      And i believe till the extension is not approved, my dependents will not be able to travel to US.

Comment

Originally posted by rahuldixit View Post
        Thank you Raghvi for the information.

So most possible scenario is that i will have a I-94 which is valid for 2 months (considering i travel by Nov).
        In that case, i would have to apply for extension (for me and my dependents as well) within those 2 months.
        And i believe till the extension is not approved, my dependents will not be able to travel to US.
        You will travel in Nov, so most probably you will get I-94 only 07-Jan -2017, your dependents will also travel in Dec 2016 so they also will most likely get I-94 only till 07-Jan -2017. Apply for L1 extension along with L2 extension before I-94 expiry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X