Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B transfer without working for current employer at all - no pay stubs

Hi,

I am in the US on H4 visa. I do have an approved H1-B from my current employer but since my current employer doesn't have an immediate need, I decided to stay on H4 until the employer finds something for me or I get an opportunity from some other employer. Now, I do have an offer from another employer and I want to start working for them as soon as possible. Therefore, it is possible for me to file for a change of status from H4 to H1B and H1 B transfer simultaneously?
    Or do I need to first do a change of status from H4 to H1 B and then work for the current employer for at least a month to have 2 pay stubs before filing for an H1-B transfer?

Also, let's say I do a change of status first and then do a transfer without pay stubs (don't want to waste time working for the current employer at all). Will it be risky while applying for a transfer?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Anu Kashyap View Post
    Hi,

I am in the US on H4 visa. I do have an approved H1-B from my current employer but since my current employer doesn't have an immediate need, I decided to stay on H4 until the employer finds something for me or I get an opportunity from some other employer. Now, I do have an offer from another employer and I want to start working for them as soon as possible. Therefore, it is possible for me to file for a change of status from H4 to H1B and H1 B transfer simultaneously?
    Or do I need to first do a change of status from H4 to H1 B and then work for the current employer for at least a month to have 2 pay stubs before filing for an H1-B transfer?

Also, let's say I do a change of status first and then do a transfer without pay stubs (don't want to waste time working for the current employer at all). Will it be risky while applying for a transfer?

Thanks in advance!
    Was the H1 applied as a COS? Because if it was and it got approved with a new I-94 then you no longer are in H4 status and must work and get paid by H1 employer to maintain H1 status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X