Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B PED expiring before 5 years

Hello Everyone,

My PED is expiring in April 2017 but I have valid I94 and Visa till April 2018. I came in the US in June 2012 on L1B.
    During my stay, I went to India for 7 weeks.

My family Visa and I94 is valid till April 2017 (same as PED).

Do I need to go back to India by my PED (April 2017) or I can stay until June 2017 + time spent in India (7 weeks) ?

If I can stay to exhaust my actual 5-year stay in the US + 7 weeks, what about my family? Can they stay with me even if their Vis and I94 is expiring in April? They are L2 dependents.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by vsk265 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My PED is expiring in April 2017 but I have valid I94 and Visa till April 2018. I came in the US in June 2012 on L1B.
    During my stay, I went to India for 7 weeks.

My family Visa and I94 is valid till April 2017 (same as PED).

Do I need to go back to India by my PED (April 2017) or I can stay until June 2017 + time spent in India (7 weeks) ?

If I can stay to exhaust my actual 5-year stay in the US + 7 weeks, what about my family? Can they stay with me even if their Vis and I94 is expiring in April? They are L2 dependents.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    One cannot work with an expired petition . So in order for you to work beyond April 2017, you need to file for an extension. You can request for the 7 weeks time to be recaptured by providing relevant proof of your stay out of US during those 7 Weeks.

I would suggest you apply for the same in premium category along with your dependents L2 extension before April 2017.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Did you apply for any extension until now? As you have mentioned that your PED is valid till April 2017 so I guess there is no need to apply for an extension until April 2017 as you have authority to work in United States and also to travel internationally with in that period.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X