• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Maxed out options

Dear Srs.,

Please I need some advise. Here is the current scenario:

My situation:
    - I am Brazilian and I work in USA.
    - My L1B Visa Maxed out the renewals on July/2016 (I entered in US with L1B for the first time in January/2011)
    - My Petition and I-94 will both expire on July/2017.

My fiancee situation:

- She is Brazilian and she is getting masters graduation in USA on December/2016;
    - She has F1 Visa and it is valid through June/2018;
    - She got a job in USA, the company will file H1B and she will start working as soon as possible;

We are getting married next month, in US because I cannot leave the country as I cannot come back because my L1B Visa is expired.
    My employer will not sponsor a GC, but they will keep my job as long I have a valid status to leave in USA.
    As my fiancee got a job and we will marry soon, I want and need to stay in USA longer.

Please, what are my options staying and, preferably, working here in USA?

Thank you very much for any clarification.

Ratf.

Originally posted by ratf View Post
    Dear Srs.,

Please I need some advise. Here is the current scenario:

My situation:
    - I am Brazilian and I work in USA.
    - My L1B Visa Maxed out the renewals on July/2016 (I entered in US with L1B for the first time in January/2011)
    - My Petition and I-94 will both expire on July/2017.

My fiancee situation:

- She is Brazilian and she is getting masters graduation in USA on December/2016;
    - She has F1 Visa and it is valid through June/2018;
    - She got a job in USA, the company will file H1B and she will start working as soon as possible;

We are getting married next month, in US because I cannot leave the country as I cannot come back because my L1B Visa is expired.
    My employer will not sponsor a GC, but they will keep my job as long I have a valid status to leave in USA.
    As my fiancee got a job and we will marry soon, I want and need to stay in USA longer.

Please, what are my options staying and, preferably, working here in USA?

Thank you very much for any clarification.

Ratf.
    As you have maxed out your L1B you are already out of status, I am surprised you are still being allowed to work on L1B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      As you have maxed out your L1B you are already out of status, I am surprised you are still being allowed to work on L1B.

Thank you raghvi for the quick feedback.

My I-129S is approved through July next year and my employer legal staff said that I am ok to work until my I-94 is valid, meaning also July/2017.

Please, is there something else I can try?

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by ratf View Post
        Thank you raghvi for the quick feedback.

My I-129S is approved through July next year and my employer legal staff said that I am ok to work until my I-94 is valid, meaning also July/2017.

Please, is there something else I can try?

Thank you again.
        Even with a valid I129S, visa and I-94 one should not stay beyond 5th Year completion on L1B.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X