Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 VISA:dismissed **** and paraphernalia charge for K1 visa

Hello all,

Hoping to get an answer here. I have scoured the threads and cant seem to find the specific answer to my problem. 3 years ago this month I got a DWI. It was my first offense. I have not gotten one since. So to be clear, I Have ONE DWI charge and it was a misdemeanor level charge. I know that this will not hold up my K1 visa petition. I'll be sending in the petition for approval in December. I'm engaged to be married to my fiancée from the Philippines. HERE IS MY MAIN CONCERN...when I got the DWI I had a VERY small amount of **** in my pocket at the time and a "one hitter" or small pipe. When I went to do a background/criminal check on myself today I found this out(recommendation to do this on another thread). Had no idea it was even there. The charges are in a status of "DISMISSED" for both the possession and the paraphernalia charge. I remember getting the charges dropped when speaking with the attorney the day I had court 3 years ago. Is this going to be something that they will bring up to my fiancée during the interview? Will they ask her about it? Will it hold anything up? I'll be honest I never said anything, because I didn't know that it was even there and I haven't even smoked since around that time. We leave what's in the past in the past. That's our agreement. IDK if this is something the interviewer at the Embassy will bring up to her? If it is I want to say something so she doesn't look like an idiot if asked. Hoping for some insight. Please help! Thanks!

Tell her... That way you don't have to stress about it... If you have a "leave your past in the past" understanding then she will be ok with it. It was a past situation that did not involve her, but she needs to know just in case she is asked.
    Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X