Re Entry with Esta, had secondary, now scared about next entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Entry with Esta, had secondary, now scared about next entry

I was in the US this year: March 2 days, May 10 days, Mid August 2 Months, then in Germany (my home country) for 10 days and got back in then. Got secondary, as I changed my flight to the US on short notice and couldnt give much information when they asked me, as the travel agency (friends of mine) changed my flight to a cheaper one and I had no details about the old flight.

Now I am in the US for 2 weeks (with my 5y old child) and planned to travel to Brazil next week for holiday by myself, but I am scared that they don't let me back in.

I talked to two lawyers about that, but got different answers.

I also plan to go on a visa, either E2 (entrepreneur) or get married here.

The first lawyer said, I should have problems to get back in, especially since I have a lawyer appoiment for the E2 visa with him, the day after the entry and a ticket for mid November to fly back home, but the second lawyer said it would be extrem risky and he wouldn't recommend to leave and get back in before I don't have the visa or didn't apply for it. He said, it might be possible to leave and re enter through Mexiko, as the 90 days wouldn't start from the beginning, but he isn't sure. Which would be maybe also good, in case I get married, to not interrupt the 60 days, which he recommended to be in the country, before getting married.

Here my questions:

- re entry from brazil, risky or not? (secondary was based on short notice change of flights to the US), easier when I have a lawyer appointment for the E2 visa in the US or still very risky? to leave through Mexiko and re enter easier to get in? And also, do the 60 days, which are recommended for the marriage, still continue? Any experience on that things?

- if I stay, I planned to leave the US mid of November to go back home (Germany) for 10 days, is it enough to get back in for sure, when I applied for the E2, but I assume it won't be through by then? Or still very risky?

- If I go for the marriage gc, any experience how much time I "stuck" in the US? The first one said, there is no recommended time before I get married and after I got married, I apply for the gc, and get travel permission when I apply, latest after 60 days. So 60 days all together minimum. The second lawyer said, he recommends to get married earliest after 60 days within the US, otherwise I would get screened badly, then the husband has to apply for something, and after that I can apply for the gc and travel, which takes another 60 days. An ideas on that one?

Any ways around this? Loopholes? Experience?

And does someone can email me where I can find the best immi lawyer please?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X