Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamped and expired.

Hi,

My H1B petition was approved in September 2014 and was stamped in Feb 2015 valid till October 2015. I never traveled to the US with H1B and the opportunity for raising it is lost now. If my employer wants to put me in another project, what should be the procedure ? Should a fresh petition be filed or the same petition can be used for the interview ?

Thanks,
    George

Originally posted by George84 View Post
    Hi,

My H1B petition was approved in September 2014 and was stamped in Feb 2015 valid till October 2015. I never traveled to the US with H1B and the opportunity for raising it is lost now. If my employer wants to put me in another project, what should be the procedure ? Should a fresh petition be filed or the same petition can be used for the interview ?

Thanks,
    George
    Another project at a different location and client would first need an LCA to be filed, and then subsequently an H1 petition amendment would have to be filed. You cannot use the same petition. But you will be considered cap exempt so no need to go through the lottery. Your immigration team must be knowing about this process. If done in premium it can be accomplished in 2-4 weeks.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X