B2 Visa with cancer as pre-existing condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa with cancer as pre-existing condition

My mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer. She came to US with B-2 visa (tourist). My husband took her to USC for medical assessment and treatment. He also took her to apply for Medi-Cal. Based on what we read from various websites, my husband firmly believe that Medi-Cal will be approved with full benefit based on her condition. Is this true understanding? If it's not true, are we going to be liable for all the medical bills? Please kindly advise. Thank you

Visitors are not eligible for Medi-Cal.

You will be liable for the bills.

The best thing to do would be to send her to her home country and get treated there.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      Visitors are not eligible for Medi-Cal.

You will be liable for the bills.

The best thing to do would be to send her to her home country and get treated there.
      My mother-in-law refuses to go back to her homeland. Is there anywhere that we can apply for financial aid for her medical bills? Will her B2 visa be revoked if we are not able to pay her medical bills?

Comment

Healthcare is not free in United States and you will be responsible for all the bills which will be very large.

She may not realize the consequences. You should explain to your mother-in-law that you would be financially ruined if you have to pay all those bills. Therefore, it is in your family's best interest that she go back.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X