Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overlapping dates - Anyone gone through the same situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlapping dates - Anyone gone through the same situation?

Hi,
    I am on H1B visa. I am switching jobs in near future.

Can I have the start date with the new employer 5 days prior to the end date of the current employer by taking vacation for the 5 days? Will I run into any issues later? I will make sure it will be documented on my relieving letter that I am on vacation for last 5 days. Due to various reasons the end date with the current employer cannot be changed and they are fine with the vacation days.

If you have similar experience please advise.

Thanks!

Originally posted by thejeepguy View Post
    Hi,
    I am on H1B visa. I am switching jobs in near future.

Can I have the start date with the new employer 5 days prior to the end date of the current employer by taking vacation for the 5 days? Will I run into any issues later? I will make sure it will be documented on my relieving letter that I am on vacation for last 5 days. Due to various reasons the end date with the current employer cannot be changed and they are fine with the vacation days.

If you have similar experience please advise.

Thanks!
    Yes you can have a start date prior to your last work day. Its not necessary to take 5 day vacation, but if you have accrued some with current employer and want to use them prior to joining the new employer you can. As long as they are paid vacation it should be fine.Also the new employer should not pay you for those days (no double payment from two different employers).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes you can have a start date prior to your last work day. Its not necessary to take 5 day vacation, but if you have accrued some with current employer and want to use them prior to joining the new employer you can. As long as they are paid vacation it should be fine.Also the new employer should not pay you for those days (no double payment from two different employers).

Paid vacation means I will get paid till the end date from the current employer and the new employer will run payroll from the start date.

Comment

Paid vacation means I will get paid till the end date from the current employer and the new employer will run payroll from the start date.
        Who is paying you during your vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Who is paying you during your vacation?
          Current employer since its a 'paid' vacation.

Comment

Current employer since its a 'paid' vacation.
            Then it is fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X