Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I receive my salary from previous employer after moving to a new employer on H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I receive my salary from previous employer after moving to a new employer on H1

Hello

I've moved to a new employer last month on H1B - the new petetion is approved and all the process is legal.

My previous employer owes me some money, and he said as and when he receives from the client whom I worked for, he would pay me. He paid all the regular semi-monthly salaries till now.
    Now, 3 month payments from my prev client is pending, and that would be paid to my employer in 3 installments, month after month. And my employer said he would run the paystub as and when he receives the amount.

He ran the paystub last week (saying i worked for 80 hrs during the 15 day period) and paid me. He'll do the same going forward till all the money is received by him and my account is settled.
    Is it legal to get paystub from the previous company after the h1 is transferred to a new company and start receiving salary from new company?

I guess 1 time settlement usually happens after a long time, but in my case, multiple setllements would happen in the next 3 months.
    Any idea?

Thanks
    Sri

Originally posted by sra123 View Post
    Hello

I've moved to a new employer last month on H1B - the new petetion is approved and all the process is legal.

My previous employer owes me some money, and he said as and when he receives from the client whom I worked for, he would pay me. He paid all the regular semi-monthly salaries till now.
    Now, 3 month payments from my prev client is pending, and that would be paid to my employer in 3 installments, month after month. And my employer said he would run the paystub as and when he receives the amount.

He ran the paystub last week (saying i worked for 80 hrs during the 15 day period) and paid me. He'll do the same going forward till all the money is received by him and my account is settled.
    Is it legal to get paystub from the previous company after the h1 is transferred to a new company and start receiving salary from new company?

I guess 1 time settlement usually happens after a long time, but in my case, multiple setllements would happen in the next 3 months.
    Any idea?

Thanks
    Sri
    Whats the pay period on the pay stubs?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X