• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gadepa View Post
    Any updates?

- - - Updated - - -

Any updates?
    Folks update here

I got my visa issued on 14th Dec and got the passport back in 1 day.

Case created: 13th Nov
    Case resolved: 14th Dec -> Issued.
    Took 1 month for visa to get issued and 1 more day to get the passport back.

Thanks for all the support.

Comment

• Congrats

Originally posted by what_the_hell View Post
      Folks update here

I got my visa issued on 14th Dec and got the passport back in 1 day.

Case created: 13th Nov
      Case resolved: 14th Dec -> Issued.
      Took 1 month for visa to get issued and 1 more day to get the passport back.

Thanks for all the support.
      Congrats. Mine also updated to issued. Looks like they just cleared a backlog

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by gadepa View Post
      Any updates?

- - - Updated - - -

Any updates?

Case: H1B (first time shifting from F1)

Interview date: 7 December 2017
      Consulate: New Delhi

The interview was just 2 minutes with the officer asking where I work and where I graduated. He said my case is approved and I should get the passport in 4 days.
      Checked the status today and it says Administrative processing. Don't know why they do this.

Case updated 15 December 2017.

My view reading all the posts here:
      1) It's quite common to get administrative processing despite VO saying it's approved.
      2) In such a case it is mostly a matter of time before it is approved. Problem is the time is quite variable and no concrete dates are given.

This is just painfull.
      CEAC website updated : Administrative Processing -> Issued on 18 December 2017.

Track my passport (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ni...orttrack.asp): Shows ready for pickup on 19 December 2017.

So almost 2 working weeks. Thanks everyone for all the information here.

Comment

• In same Boat....Not sure

Appeared for H1B visa interview on 15th Dec and interview was quick. Visa officer said that I am all set with the Visa.
        Passport status still shows as "With Consulate" in one page and "Administrative Processing" in another.

My wife attended her F1 visa on 18th and today it got updated as issued in one web page and "With Consulate" in another one.

Not sure if I am panicking too early or I might be in same boat as all you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by pkamazonbaby View Post
          Appeared for H1B visa interview on 15th Dec and interview was quick. Visa officer said that I am all set with the Visa.
          Passport status still shows as "With Consulate" in one page and "Administrative Processing" in another.

My wife attended her F1 visa on 18th and today it got updated as issued in one web page and "With Consulate" in another one.

Not sure if I am panicking too early or I might be in same boat as all you guys.
          Got update today saying status as Issued.

Comment

• Visa iv 8 Nov @Delhi ,status AP

VO approves my visa and wife received her H4 stamped passport in next couple of days but I am still waiting my passport. Visa interview - Nov 8th 2017 , Location - Delhi . Last Updated - 22 Dec ( it was Nov 8 till yday). Status - Admin Processing. Any inputs /suggestion guys. o know many of us are in similar boat ,just checking if any one has any idea on what this update means?

Comment

• Status stuck in 'Administrative Processing'

I am in the same boat as well. The VO told that my visa has been approved and that it would be ready in 2-3 business days.
              Visa Interview date: 15th Dec 2017
              Case Status: Administrative Processing
              Case Updated : 22nd Dec

Have my ticket booked for next week, keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

• I gave my h1b interview on Dec 7th in Delhi. There has been no status update till now. VO said I’ll get within a week, took my passport and gave me no 221g

Comment

• My interview was on Dec 7th for First Time H1b. VO took my passport, struck off my F1 and said I will have my new H1b issued within a week.

The case was created on DEc 7th and updated Dec 7th too. There have been no other updates. When I email or call they say it’s under admin processing. I am so worried !!!!

Comment

• Ds 160 didn't get download

Hi,
                    We appeared for h1 visa extension interview. My daughter's ds 160 was not getting downloaded at consulate, we gave a copy of photo and sent a new ds 160 too( document officer in consulate asked us to do so). My wife and I got the passport with visa but my daughter's passport is still with consulate. It is in admin processing state. Contacting customer support is not helping much. They are asking us to wait. Visa interview Dec 14,
                    New Delhi.

Please guide what should I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by vug007 View Post
                      I am in the same boat as well. The VO told that my visa has been approved and that it would be ready in 2-3 business days.
                      Visa Interview date: 15th Dec 2017

Have my ticket booked for next week, keeping fingers crossed.
                      The case updated on 27th with no change in status. It was updated again today (28th) and the status changed to "ISSUED" today. Hope to get my passport back in time.

Thanks! And all the best to those who are waiting..

Comment

• VO approved but status application received

Interview Dec 17
                        VO approved
                        Case status Application received
                        Last updated Dec 20
                        No update since.

Comment

• Originally posted by hishamulhaque View Post
                          Interview Dec 17
                          VO approved
                          Case status Application received
                          Last updated Dec 20
                          No update since.
                          last updated date changed to Jan 2, but no change in status. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• A long wait...

Fingerprinting date: 21st Dec 2017
                            Visa Interview date: 22nd Dec 2017

Comment

• My Story with 221g

Fingerprinting date: 11th Dec 2017
                              Visa Interview date: 12th Dec 2017
                              Response : 221g yellow slip (submit documents)
                              Document submission : 14th December
                              Case Updated : Not yet, still shows 12th december date, not 14th.

I am working for my current company for 7 years as a full time employee. But I did not visit india for 8 years so my last stamped visa is from previous company for whom I came to US. I was asked to submit all I797 and proof of legal stay in U.S. I have submitted all I-797 and tax documents. Cancelled returned ticket and waiting. My case number on 221g is 12 digit and it does not work for getting the status. I use my DS-160 application number to track status which shows "Admin Processing"

Comment

• Administrative Pending

Interview: 30 Nov 2017
                                CEAC Status: AP since 30th
                                Cgi website shows "Document Delivery Information" as blank
                                No slips given
                                Visa was approved
                                Feelin g helpless, flight cancelled to US, they are holding my life...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X