H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin processing

Even i applied for STEM extension and at the same time got H1b. If the VO told that there was a glitch then i guess that explains why its taking time to process. This is a frustrating wait. I gave my interview on the 18th at the Delhi Consulate. No 221g slips but still administrative processing. I have a flight back on the 27th. Pretty sure i wont be able to make it.

Comment

I am still waiting no update yet. I had the interview on the same date.

Originally posted by jafarbasha View Post
      Hello,

I also had my interview on 29th Dec at Hyd consulate. VO said visa was approved. No slips given, no documents requested. Upon my inquiry with consulate, the reply said it is undergoing mandatory processing and they can't expedite it. They said all non-immigrant visa applications have to go through processing before visa issuance. Case update date is still 29th Dec. Passport status says "No update available". I canceled my return flight tickets and patiently waiting for status change to " ready for pickup". Please do share if you get any update.

Comment

The VO told me too about glitch in the system. She told me that she is removing it from the system so I don't have to go through additional level of questioning at the port of entry. May be this is what caused my case to be put in administrative processing and for the delay that is happening as a result of it.

Originally posted by aa111155 View Post
        Even i applied for STEM extension and at the same time got H1b. If the VO told that there was a glitch then i guess that explains why its taking time to process. This is a frustrating wait. I gave my interview on the 18th at the Delhi Consulate. No 221g slips but still administrative processing. I have a flight back on the 27th. Pretty sure i wont be able to make it.

Comment

Today my status updated. it is still on admin processing.

Comment

Any update ?

Originally posted by KKPI View Post
            Hey Jith06, not yet, yes 27 calendar days for me too. Just waiting with out passport. Please let me know if you hear from them.
            Hello KKPI,

Any update on your application ? I don't have any

Thanks

Comment

Same here. My status also changed from date of interview (29th Dec 2016) to today's date (27th Jan 2017) but status still shows as "administrative processing". Lets hope that in next week or so it gets changed to issued.

Originally posted by jrsatti View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jith06 View Post
                Hello KKPI,

Any update on your application ? I don't have any

Thanks
                Hello jith06, no update yet!

Comment

H4 Visa approved but status showing AP

All,

I went for my H4 visa interveiw yesterday 1/27 at Delhi Consulate. The VO asked my only 2 questions, Where my husband works and how long we been married. She said my visa has been approved and I should be getting my passport in 3-5 days.

Today morning, when i checked my visa status online, its shows"Adminsitrative Processing".. Anyone with H4 visa facing this issue..I am seeing most of the cases in this thread is of H1 or F1 but can anyone confirm Admin Processing for H4. Also its just been 1 day that I had my interview.. is it normal to show status as Admin Process for couple of days and changed to Approved in 2-3 business days

Note:- This is my 3rd time h4 visa stamp, never had any issue previously. Also my husband is fulltime employee with one of the big US software firm for past 9 years.. he never had any issue with his H1 extension / visa stamp

Comment

Same here. My status also changed from date of interview (29th Dec 2016) to today's date (27th Jan 2017) but status still shows as "administrative processing". Lets hope that in next week or so it gets changed to issued.

Hello,

I have read your post in this form. I am in the same situation. I attended my H1 Interview and the VO orally said that my VISA is approved. He neither gave me a 221g or informed me about any documentation needed. It has been 20 days and I am still waiting for my passport from the consulate.

The status in CEAC is "admni processing" from the day of interview and the status update DATE changed to today but the status is still "admin processing". The status in VISA appointment website has been showing "your passport is still with US consulate" and changed to "document delivery information" with no information underneath.

Please help me know understand the situation.

Thanks
                    Ritesh

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

I also had my interview on 29th Dec at Hyd consulate. VO said visa was approved. No slips given, no documents requested. Upon my inquiry with consulate, the reply said it is undergoing mandatory processing and they can't expedite it. They said all non-immigrant visa applications have to go through processing before visa issuance. Case update date is still 29th Dec. Passport status says "No update available". I canceled my return flight tickets and patiently waiting for status change to " ready for pickup". Please do share if you get any update.
                    Hello,

I have read your post in this form. I am in the same situation. I attended my H1 Interview and the VO orally said that my VISA is approved. He neither gave me a 221g or informed me about any documentation needed. It has been 20 days and I am still waiting for my passport from the consulate.

The status in CEAC is "admni processing" from the day of interview and the status update DATE changed to today but the status is still "admin processing". The status in VISA appointment website has been showing "your passport is still with US consulate" and changed to "document delivery information" with no information underneath.

Please help me know understand the situation.

Thanks
                    Ritesh

Comment

• no update yet

Hello jith06, no update yet!
                      Hello KKPI,

No update for me also. Still waiting. Can you PM me your contact details? I will reach you.

Thanks
                      Last edited by jith06; 01-30-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sb158 View Post
                        All,

I went for my H4 visa interveiw yesterday 1/27 at Delhi Consulate. The VO asked my only 2 questions, Where my husband works and how long we been married. She said my visa has been approved and I should be getting my passport in 3-5 days.

Today morning, when i checked my visa status online, its shows"Adminsitrative Processing".. Anyone with H4 visa facing this issue..I am seeing most of the cases in this thread is of H1 or F1 but can anyone confirm Admin Processing for H4. Also its just been 1 day that I had my interview.. is it normal to show status as Admin Process for couple of days and changed to Approved in 2-3 business days

Note:- This is my 3rd time h4 visa stamp, never had any issue previously. Also my husband is fulltime employee with one of the big US software firm for past 9 years.. he never had any issue with his H1 extension / visa stamp

UPDATE:-
                        Jan 24:- Case Initiated
                        Jan 24:- Bio and Fingerprints
                        Jan 27:- Visa Interview
                        Jan 27:- Admin Processing
                        Jan 30:- Admin Processing
                        Jan 30:- Issued

Comment

• Originally posted by jith06 View Post
                          Hello KKPI,

No update for me also. Still waiting. Can you PM me your contact details? I will reach you.

Thanks
                          Hello jih06 - Visa status is changed to Issued, hope your case status is also updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello All,

I attended the H1B Visa interview on 23-Dec-2016 at Hyderabad Consulate.

Here is the interview update:

Who is your employer: ***Infotech
                          Who is your Client: *** Inc
                          May I see the I-797: Here it is...
                          What is your highest degree: Master in computer science

Then he typed something for 20 seconds, and said system is not responding, after another 20 seconds, he said 'I need to send this for Admin-Processing'. VO officer returned my I-797 and kept my passport. Its 1/13 and no update yet. I have to hold of my travel plan due to this :-(

Guys, please share if any one of you have attended the interview on 23-Dec at Hyde consulate and going through similar situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                          Visa Interview Date: 23-Dec
                          Visa status from 23 to 30 Jan - admin processing
                          Visa Issued Date: 30-Jan evening 7PM IST
                          Last edited by KKPI; 01-30-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Any update on your status

Originally posted by karvy1 View Post
                            I am in the same boat mate! I had my interview on 12th and status is showing AP since then. Like you I had applied for STEM extension and at the same time I received my H1B (and then I changed my employer too).

Hi Karvy, any update on your status?
                            I had my interview on 11th jan at hyd and status is showing AP since then.
                            Thanks.

Comment

• Was there any status update date change in between Dec 23 and Jan 30?

Hello jih06 - Visa status is changed to Issued, hope your case status is also updated.

- - - Updated - - -

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                              Visa Interview Date: 23-Dec
                              Visa status from 23 to 30 Jan - admin processing
                              Visa Issued Date: 30-Jan evening 7PM IST

Hi KKPI. Was there any status update date change in between Dec 23 and Jan 30? Or is it directly changed to Issued on Jan 30 after dec 23? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by jrsatti View Post
                                Hi Jrsatti,
                                Any update on your status? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi jafarbasha,
                                Any update on your status? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X