Clear All

• Admin processing 221g after VO said approved

Originally posted by Daswanth View Post
    Hi Jrsatti,
    Any update on your status? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi jafarbasha,
    Any update on your status? Thanks.
    I am in same boat from 3 May 2017. Please let me know if someone know how much time they are taking at hyd consulate.

Comment

• visa Approved but CEAC shows adminstravtive processing

ofc appointment -29th aug
      H1 INTERVIEW-31st aug, new delhi
      was only asked for i797,
      VO said visa was approved and will be available for pick up 5-7 days.
      ceac ---administrative processing last update is visa interview date.
      passport tracking--us consulate

Any one else with the same situation

Comment

• Hello Friend,

I am in the same situation. Attended visa interview on 17th Nov and the officer said it’s approved but case status is in Admin Processing. No update on date since interview date.

Did you get a update on your case? How long did it take. I appreciate your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by raj.anay View Post
          Hello Friend,

I am in the same situation. Attended visa interview on 17th Nov and the officer said it’s approved but case status is in Admin Processing. No update on date since interview date.

Did you get a update on your case? How long did it take. I appreciate your response.
          I have attended visa interview on 11/07/2017 at Hyderabad Consulate, VO asked couple questions, Taken passport and said Happy Journey. I didn't receive my passport till now.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthamm View Post
            I have attended visa interview on 11/07/2017 at Hyderabad Consulate, VO asked couple questions, Taken passport and said Happy Journey. I didn't receive my passport till now.
            Hi , Wanted to update my case status. It is just changed to issued. I have sent couple of mails to traveldocs support team today and have seen the status update. I am not sure if this is coincidence. Hope that it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by raj.anay View Post
              Hi , Wanted to update my case status. It is just changed to issued. I have sent couple of mails to traveldocs support team today and have seen the status update. I am not sure if this is coincidence. Hope that it helps.
              Congrats... Please let me know which email id you sent email also sample email content.

Comment

• H1B approved but passport pending over 2 weeks in Admin Processing

My H1 visa interview was completed on 11/14/2017. The Visa officer notified me that my visa
                was approved but I haven't received any confirmation to pickup my passport
                although it has been about 2 weeks.

OFC Interview Date - 11/13/17
                Visa Interview Date - 11/14/17

The last I checked I do not have any emails requesting any additionaldocuments nor did VO give me any 221(g). I entered US for the first time on H4 and later converted to F1. I came to India for F1 stamping as well. Post that I moved to H1 and changed a job. Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Is there anyway I can contact the consulate for the status updates.

Thanks.

Comment

• Case updated with todays date

Originally posted by raj.anay View Post
                  Hi raj

May i pls know your case got directly changed to issued from AP?
                  Did it get updated with currentbdate?

Comment

• H1B approved but passport stuck in administrative processing

I will add myself to this long list of people who has been through this. I applied for H1B extension in Montreal, Canada. Mine is a simple case and got approved after few quick questions. VO told that I will receive my passport back within a week by canada post. But it has been 11 days and my passport is still stuck in "Administrative Processing". I am being optimistic and assuming they are understaffed and backlogged due to holiday season.

I am trying to get an estimate of wait time of this process based on experiences of those who have previously been in this situation. Also would like to prepare for the worst case scenario here. I would really appreciate if someone with this experience comment with number of days their passport was stuck in administrative processing. Also, does it always get issued after that?
                    Last edited by I_hate_US_visas; 12-05-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Hello All,

I am in the same boat. I had my visa interview on Nov 8th. VO said my visa has been approved, but its been under Admin processing since then.

Interview Date: 8th Nov 2017, Hyd.
                      Admin processing last updated date: 8th Nov 2017.

I will let you all know if my status changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by karthik89 View Post
                        Hello All,

I am in the same boat. I had my visa interview on Nov 8th. VO said my visa has been approved, but its been under Admin processing since then.

Interview Date: 8th Nov 2017, Hyd.
                        Admin processing last updated date: 8th Nov 2017.

I will let you all know if my status changes.
                        Wow! that is more than a month. Its crazy that they can hold the passport for this long and call it regular processing time. In my case last update keep changing to current date but status is always stuck in administrative processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_hate_US_visas View Post
                          Wow! that is more than a month. Its crazy that they can hold the passport for this long and call it regular processing time. In my case last update keep changing to current date but status is always stuck in administrative processing.
                          I am also in the same boat. Had interview on 28th Nov and VO approved it but later went to AP. Last status update was on Dec 1 and still in AP. As far as I googled, those who went into AP got visa issue and it just a matter of time. Lets hope for the best and let me know if your case changes. I will also update my case here if anything.

Comment

• Still the same

Still in administrative processing. Case last updated however changes regularly.

U.S. Department of State
                            NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
                            Administrative Processing
                            Application ID or Case Number: AA00 **** **
                            Case Created: 24-Nov-2017
                            Case Last Updated: 06-Dec-2017

Comment

• Originally posted by mayzlin123 View Post
                              I am also in the same boat. Had interview on 28th Nov and VO approved it but later went to AP. Last status update was on Dec 1 and still in AP. As far as I googled, those who went into AP got visa issue and it just a matter of time. Lets hope for the best and let me know if your case changes. I will also update my case here if anything.
                              It is good to know that the visa got issued for others. Do you know what is the approximate wait time?

Comment

• Originally posted by I_hate_US_visas View Post
                                It is good to know that the visa got issued for others. Do you know what is the approximate wait time?
                                I think your visa might got issued today or tomorrow. From what I read, ppl got their visa issue after their status date got updated. Good LUCK.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X