Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Hello,

After the Visa interview, Visa officer took my passport and told me yesterday that my visa is approved and I will get the passport in 2-3 days.

I just checked my status online and it says: Administrative Processing

Link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...QI+RA==​
    Application Id: AA006xxxxxx

ANY IDEA WHATS GOING ON? AGAIN MY VISA WAS APPROVED AND I NEVER RECEIVED ANY 221G​ OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENT.

Thanks,
    Ashish

Originally posted by ashman2012 View Post
    Hello,

After the Visa interview, Visa officer took my passport and told me yesterday that my visa is approved and I will get the passport in 2-3 days.

I just checked my status online and it says: Administrative Processing

Link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...QI+RA==​
    Application Id: AA006xxxxxx

ANY IDEA WHATS GOING ON? AGAIN MY VISA WAS APPROVED AND I NEVER RECEIVED ANY 221G​ OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENT.

Thanks,
    Ashish
    Most of the time that is the status till they actually print the visa in the passport, no need to panic within 24 Hours of an interview, if it stays like that for 10 days then follow up with them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Dear All,

I had attended the VISA interview on 8th of November. Interview went well and VISA also got approved but VO said it will take 5 days to get the passport as VO not able to see my petition details in her machine.

I had applied for Location amendment and did not had the copy of approved LCA petition doc due to RFE but I had received receipt notice (proof of LCA amendment filing) from USCIS which I had taken to the interview. (Interview did not ask for any of my documents)

I received a call from Chennai consulate on 10th and they were asking for my petition documents to proceed however I have sent the LCA receipt notice, Original petition document on the same day but when I checked my status of my application in one of the link (Published in this forum), it shows "Administrative processing".

anyone in this forum has faced the same issue? if Yes please let me know if their VISA is approved and after how many days they received their passport?

Thanks

Comment

Anyone in similar situation

@raghvi: Thanks. I am now looking to hear from people who actually had the similar situation.

Anyone in the similar situation whose h1b/H4 visa was initially APPROVED and VO also kept the passport but online status remains "administrative processing".

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2012 View Post
          @raghvi: Thanks. I am now looking to hear from people who actually had the similar situation.

Anyone in the similar situation whose h1b/H4 visa was initially APPROVED and VO also kept the passport but online status remains "administrative processing".
          My Situation is also same.. I gave visa interview on 10th Nov. VO said visa is approved and will be delivered in 2 days. Still ceac website is saying "administrative processing". I hope visa will be approved today. Please update your case info also.

Comment

Issued

Status is changed to Issued and passport status is also updated.

Hopefully, I will receive the Passport by tomorrow.

Comment

received the passport

received the passport. thanks everyone

Comment

I had appeared for interview on Nov 10th and VO said visa approved. My wife 's h4 visa got stamped and passport is ready to pick up but my case status shows administrative processing. Passport is with Embassy only. Anybody knows what to do next and how to contact embassy to check the status. Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sauravguptain View Post
                  My Situation is also same.. I gave visa interview on 10th Nov. VO said visa is approved and will be delivered in 2 days. Still ceac website is saying "administrative processing". I hope visa will be approved today. Please update your case info also.
                  My case is also same, h4 for my has been approved and passport picked up. My case is showing admin processing. Appeared for interview on 10th . Does anyone know the number whom we can speak?

Comment

Originally posted by vikrvohr View Post
                    My case is also same, h4 for my has been approved and passport picked up. My case is showing admin processing. Appeared for interview on 10th . Does anyone know the number whom we can speak?
                    @vikrvohr what is update on your status?
                    I also appeared h1b interview on 17th with my family in delhi. My wife and daughter status changed to issued but my still showing admin processing. Let's hope it will be changed to issued on monday but want to understand why family status is changed and why not mine at same time.
                    SK

Comment

@suresh@vikrvohr what is update on your status?

Originally posted by suresh5184 View Post
                      @vikrvohr what is update on your status?
                      I also appeared h1b interview on 17th with my family in delhi. My wife and daughter status changed to issued but my still showing admin processing. Let's hope it will be changed to issued on monday but want to understand why family status is changed and why not mine at same time.
                      SK
                      Can you guys please update whats the status of your case ?

Thanks,
                      RS

Comment

Administrative Processing for an approved h1b visa

I had my h1b stamping interview on the 20th dec 2016. All went well, they asked couple of questions with regards to my visa status change from f1 to h1. Finally the VO mentioned that the visa is approved. He kept my passport and returned my i797 form. Those are the only 2 docs he checked.

I tracked my passport it's still at the counsulate. The visa status was updated to administrative processing on 23rd dec 2016
                        2 days after the interview.

Anyone else facing similar issues or experience?
                        If yes how long did it take for you visa to be issued ?

The other thing I guess can be happening is due to the holidays the processing time is taking a while.

Thanks Amol

Comment

Same boat

Hi Amol - I'm in the same boat. Had my H1B interview on December 19 and the VO said the visa was approved. Didn't ask for any additional documents. My passport is at the consulate and status has been "Administrative Processing" since December 19. Need to travel on January 4 and can't go anywhere without my passport!

One question for you please - which US Consulate did you have your interview at? Mine was at Hyd.

Originally posted by amol2389 View Post
                          I had my h1b stamping interview on the 20th dec 2016. All went well, they asked couple of questions with regards to my visa status change from f1 to h1. Finally the VO mentioned that the visa is approved. He kept my passport and returned my i797 form. Those are the only 2 docs he checked.

I tracked my passport it's still at the counsulate. The visa status was updated to administrative processing on 23rd dec 2016

The other thing I guess can be happening is due to the holidays the processing time is taking a while.

Thanks Amol

Comment

Same Boat

Originally posted by h1bappl2017 View Post
                            Hi Amol - I'm in the same boat. Had my H1B interview on December 19 and the VO said the visa was approved. Didn't ask for any additional documents. My passport is at the consulate and status has been "Administrative Processing" since December 19. Need to travel on January 4 and can't go anywhere without my passport!

One question for you please - which US Consulate did you have your interview at? Mine was at Hyd.

Hi h1bappl2017,

I am on the same boat, I had my interview on 20th December at hyd , it still shows as AP status.Did you get your passport , if yes when did you get?

Comment

Amol any updates on your status. I am in a similar situation I used dropbox service and dropped documents on December 21st and got a blue slip indicating I need to appear for an interview. I appeared for an interview on December 29th and VO mentioned your visa is approved and took my passport. Online status still indicates administrative processing

Originally posted by amol2389 View Post

Thanks Amol

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X