Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-1 visa a third time?

Hi!

It’s my second time in the US doing a program under a J-1 visa. First as an intern (2010 – 2011) and now as a management trainee (2015 – 2016). Both of the times I was under the 2-year home residency requirement. The first time I fulfilled the requirement staying in my home country for 4 years, and now in the second time I applied for a waiver for that requirement since the owners of the company where I’m doing my program are interested in hiring me full time, and the process came through with a favorable result.

So this is the scenario: since the process to obtain a work visa can take a long time, I was advised to go back to my home country whenever my current J-1 expires, and since I got the waiver, I was asked if could apply for another (a third) J-1 visa probably with a different sponsor so I would be able to keep working here while the work visa process goes through.

My questions are: Considering that situation, am I eligible for a new J-1? If so, can I be subjected to another section 212(e), meaning that I would have to get another waiver?

Best Regards!
    Fabrício

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X