Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 visa, divorce after 2 year green card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 visa, divorce after 2 year green card.

HI,

I need some help understanding my options after divorce. I brought my now ex wife and her boy here on a k1 and k2 visa from the Philippines. We got married and had the first interview. They both have their two year green card and are about to apply for the 10 year residency card. Less than a year of being married I realized she was not being honest with me and told a lot of lies. Keep in mind that in the year we were married we never consummated the marriage. That was her doing and definitely not my choice. We had a big argument where I caught her in a few lies and realized I was being played in a way. She left that day and returned the next day with the police to get her things. We had only been married about 10 months when she moved out. I filed for divorce immediately and we were divorced about three months later. She has since moved to another state to live with her Sister who has been here for about 10 years. Her mother lives in another state and also came here on a K1 visa.

Now that her two year card is about to expire she is planning to apply for the 10 year card and is asking me to give her my tax transcripts for the year we were married and I don't want to give them. I originally filed my taxes as married filing separately, but her moms husband convinced me to amend it and file jointly for the larger discount claiming her and her boy as dependents. I did that and gave her half of it even with us getting divorced.

I don't think she set out to deceive me. But, in her own words, the only reason she agreed to the marriage was because of pressure from her family because they thought I could provide a better life for her and her boy. Even though we had sex the second time I traveled to Manila to see her, we never consummated the marriage. Its like the girl I met and the girl I married were emotionally two different people. I don't think she should be able to stay as the marriage was not legitimate in my eyes. But, I just want to move on and be left alone.

What are my options and what should I be doing?

I appreciate any advice you may have.
    Thanks

You are already divorced and there is nothing you need to do. She can get a copy of her tax returns herself from the IRS if she wants.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

i am a Filipina and married to a U.S citizen for 8years and on the 9th yr i filed for divorce and still waiting for the decree. i am in the U.S on a B2 visa with my usc son . My husband didn't get me anything or even tried to file for any petitions because he said that me and my son would not make it in the U.S.
      He is retired so i got Social Security as a spouse with minor child. After all the application of my B2 visa & the social security benefit that goes directly into his accouey, but well he gets the money anyway, he still didn't make any effort to get us to U.S even just to meet his daughters or relatives. On my SSA provision, i need to stay in the U.S at least 30 days to get the benefit i am entitled to, so it's like i get the money for 6 months just to spend it in the U.S for a month and then back again. We agreed on an uncontested divorce but now he is not willing to sign the waiver. He said i just used him, who do you think is the agrieved party here? Well, anyways back to your question regarding the removing of the condition on your ex spouse green card, i guess, you don't have to do anything since you're already divorced and actually she can pursue with the removing of the condition but she has to prove it to the director that she didn't enter the marriage fraudulently, if you think you've been lied to and been used, then the truth will come when the director would ask them at the interview. Hope i somehow answered your question. Best regards, Em Ber

I need some help understanding my options after divorce. I brought my now ex wife and her boy here on a k1 and k2 visa from the Philippines. We got married and had the first interview. They both have their two year green card and are about to apply for the 10 year residency card. Less than a year of being married I realized she was not being honest with me and told a lot of lies. Keep in mind that in the year we were married we never consummated the marriage. That was her doing and definitely not my choice. We had a big argument where I caught her in a few lies and realized I was being played in a way. She left that day and returned the next day with the police to get her things. We had only been married about 10 months when she moved out. I filed for divorce immediately and we were divorced about three months later. She has since moved to another state to live with her Sister who has been here for about 10 years. Her mother lives in another state and also came here on a K1 visa

Now that her two year card is about to expire she is planning to apply for the 10 year card and is asking me to give her my tax transcripts for the year we were married and I don't want to give them. I originally filed my taxes as married filing separately, but her moms husband convinced me to amend it and file jointly for the larger discount claiming her and her boy as dependents. I did that and gave her half of it even with us getting divorced.

I don't think she set out to deceive me. But, in her own words, the only reason she agreed to the marriage was because of pressure from her family because they thought I could provide a better life for her and her boy. Even though we had sex the second time I traveled to Manila to see her, we never consummated the marriage. Its like the girl I met and the girl I married were emotionally two different people. I don't think she should be able to stay as the marriage was not legitimate in my eyes. But, I just want to move on and be left alone.

What are my options and what should I be doing?

I appreciate any advice you may have.
      Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X