Girlfriend lives in Spain and I'm in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend lives in Spain and I'm in the US

Hi, this is my first post here. My girlfriend lives in Spain and I'm in the US. We met online in march of 2016 and fell in love. I went to visit her in September of 2016 and am going to visit her again in February of 2017. She is willing to marry me in order to be with me forever and ever.

We're trying to research the fastest and easiest way for her to move here permanently. We're wading through all the information online and, honestly, it's pretty overwhelming. I'm seeing things about her coming as a visitor with the intention of going back and then getting married while she's here. There's a risk they won't believe that and be banned from ever visiting again. The other option is for her to come already my fiancé and there's a separate visa for that. I'm so confused and just want to be with her. She wants to be with me, and we want to get married. All of this Trump nonsense is worrying us both and just making things more complicated. I can afford the fees and all that. I can also afford to support her while she gets the correct paperwork done in order to work here. What would you suggest as the fastest way for us to get married and be together here in the US? Should we get married first in Spain, or should we do it here? Should she come here on a visitor visa and get married and immediately apply for permanent citizenship or is that a terrible idea?

Please help us

You have two choice, either of which will work:

1. Have your young lady enter on a visitor or ESTA visa status, wait a few weeks to make sure the chemistry is there, then marry, and then submit the I-130 and I-485 at the same time.
    2. Or submit an I-129F for a fiancee visa and be waiting for her in 5-6 months when the Big Bird drops her in your witing arms.

You're making much ado over two possible choices.

--Ray B

Originally posted by bigtrev503 View Post
    Hi, this is my first post here. My girlfriend lives in Spain and I'm in the US. We met online in march of 2016 and fell in love. I went to visit her in September of 2016 and am going to visit her again in February of 2017. She is willing to marry me in order to be with me forever and ever.

We're trying to research the fastest and easiest way for her to move here permanently. We're wading through all the information online and, honestly, it's pretty overwhelming. I'm seeing things about her coming as a visitor with the intention of going back and then getting married while she's here. There's a risk they won't believe that and be banned from ever visiting again. The other option is for her to come already my fiancé and there's a separate visa for that. I'm so confused and just want to be with her. She wants to be with me, and we want to get married. All of this Trump nonsense is worrying us both and just making things more complicated. I can afford the fees and all that. I can also afford to support her while she gets the correct paperwork done in order to work here. What would you suggest as the fastest way for us to get married and be together here in the US? Should we get married first in Spain, or should we do it here? Should she come here on a visitor visa and get married and immediately apply for permanent citizenship or is that a terrible idea?

Please help us

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X