Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Extension

Hi,

My mother-in-law visitor visa I-94 will expire on 01/18/2017. we want to extend her stand for another 3 months i.e till 04/18/2017. My question is that my wife applied for my mother-in-law visa sponsorship but now she is on loss of pay(as she is on maternity leave) and doesn't have paystubs to submit for I-94 extension, but have the bankstatements,employment letter is it ok if we submit with the paystubs..?. Or, can i submit the extension for my mother-in-law with my paystubs and bankstatements etc. And once we apply is it ok if we receive the receipt notice even if we dont get the approval by 01/18/2017 and what is the case if the extension gets denied how soon we should leave and wouldnt that effect her re-entry later. Thank you!

Thanks
    Chakri

1. Either way is fine.
    2. Once you received receipt for her visa extension she can stay until you get decision either way approve or deny. If approved she can stay until 04/18 otherwise she needs to leave as soon as possible after her visa denial notice. Her overstay will void her visa automatically and she needs to apply for new visa.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Note that extension of status applications take around 3-5 months these days to process anyway. If she applies in the beginning of January, there is a good chance it won't be decided by the time she plans to leave in April, in which case there is no risk that it gets denied when she is here, and therefore it won't affect her visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X