Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed: 1 Day trip to Canada and back for 90 day limit

Hi,

My mother is on ESTA/VWP until Dec 2nd. The original plan was to stay till Thanks Giving and go back. However, I would like her to stay for Christmas too. Is it possible to leave the country for 1 day to Canada and return back for extension? I need it only for 30 days next time around since I have already rescheduled the ticket to 4 Jan 2017.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Ram

Originally posted by rampatil View Post
    Hi,

My mother is on ESTA/VWP until Dec 2nd. The original plan was to stay till Thanks Giving and go back. However, I would like her to stay for Christmas too. Is it possible to leave the country for 1 day to Canada and return back for extension? I need it only for 30 days next time around since I have already rescheduled the ticket to 4 Jan 2017.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Ram
    No, unless she lives in Canada, going to Canada, Mexico, or Caribbean islands does not give her a new stay on VWP. She needs to go beyond that (the closest is Guatemala) to reset the clock. (And even then that does not guarantee entry, but at least it's possible.)

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      No, unless she lives in Canada, going to Canada, Mexico, or Caribbean islands does not give her a new stay on VWP. She needs to go beyond that (the closest is Guatemala) to reset the clock. (And even then that does not guarantee entry, but at least it's possible.)
      Thanks.

She is a British citizen who lives in India. It seems she will have to travel to UK or India atleast and as you said, does not guarantee entry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X