Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visiting parent just got discharged from hospital. Insurance for the rest of the trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting parent just got discharged from hospital. Insurance for the rest of the trip

Hi All
    I need Help, two days in their visit my mom got sick and was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia.
    She was finally discharged and we paid the bill with a small travel insurance she had through her Amex and our own saving.
    She will stay 2 to 3 weeks more, and I'm worried she might relapse or something else might happen.
    Is there any insurance that would be good in her case?
    If she was discharged, would her condition be considered pre-existing and therefore not covered?

Thanks or any help you can give me!
    Happy thanks giving,
    LV

Unfortunately, it is too late now. You can't expect travel insurance to cover after she is already sick. You should have thought about buying the insurance before she arrived.

Of course, you can still buy travel insurance for her. It will generally cover any new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that my arrive after the effective date of the policy and not related to her recent condition.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      Unfortunately, it is too late now. You can't expect travel insurance to cover after she is already sick. You should have thought about buying the insurance before she arrived.

Of course, you can still buy travel insurance for her. It will generally cover any new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that my arrive after the effective date of the policy and not related to her recent condition.
      Hi!
      Thanks for your reply.
      Of course I'm not expecting a new insurance to cover previous condition. As I wrote we did have and insurance but basically maximized it and paid the rest out of pocket. Now I need to get a new insurance for the rest of her trip. My question is if she has a relapse would the new insurance consider it an acute onset of pre-existing conditions, or not?

Thanks,
      Lv

Comment

If the person has completely recovered from it and if there is an acute onset of pre-existing condition after the effective date of the policy, it could be covered in some of the plans that cover acute onset of pre-existing conditions.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X