OCI Courier fees confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Courier fees confusion

So I applied for a new OCI card for myself (based on my granddad being an Indian, etc), but oh man, I am so thoroughly confused. I paid the $330 and change for the whole process, out of which $30 was for shipping from me to CKGS (as below)

SHIPPING
    From You to CKGS
    (2 Envelopes x $15.00)

What is the second envelope that I must send to CKGS? Also, why only am I shown one label to print if I must send 2 envelopes?

Confusing things further is the ambiguous wording on their site

"Your documents for COLLECTION (from CKGS to You) mode is 'Walk In'", which I remember having chosen that they should send the OCI card to me by mail. I also remember having chosen I will provide my own return shipping (UPS prepaid envelope that I planned to send with the application packet).

Can anyone enlighten me a bit?

Originally posted by britexpat View Post
    So I applied for a new OCI card for myself (based on my granddad being an Indian, etc), but oh man, I am so thoroughly confused. I paid the $330 and change for the whole process, out of which $30 was for shipping from me to CKGS (as below)

SHIPPING
    From You to CKGS
    (2 Envelopes x $15.00)

What is the second envelope that I must send to CKGS? Also, why only am I shown one label to print if I must send 2 envelopes?

Confusing things further is the ambiguous wording on their site

"Your documents for COLLECTION (from CKGS to You) mode is 'Walk In'", which I remember having chosen that they should send the OCI card to me by mail. I also remember having chosen I will provide my own return shipping (UPS prepaid envelope that I planned to send with the application packet).

Can anyone enlighten me a bit?
    you should only be charged one outgoing courier

Comment

Dear Applicant,

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
      CKGS USA Team.

Comment

What a joke!

Originally posted by CKGS Visa Services View Post
        Dear Applicant,

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
        CKGS USA Team.
        The above message is the best that one can expect from CKGS.

Comment

Originally posted by ProNRI View Post
          The above message is the best that one can expect from CKGS.
          they only will screw you up with no help

Comment

CKGS is a disaster and should be abolished!

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
            they only will screw you up with no help
            I agree 100%.

If the Indian government was bold enough to demonetize Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 bills, then they should also be bold enough to replace CKGS with a decent vendor and also eliminate unrealistic and insane process for OCI card reissue application by making it as simple as it is for Greencard renewal process here in the USA - after all, OCI card is the same kind of document for India as Greencard is for USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ProNRI View Post
              I agree 100%.

If the Indian government was bold enough to demonetize Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 bills, then they should also be bold enough to replace CKGS with a decent vendor and also eliminate unrealistic and insane process for OCI card reissue application by making it as simple as it is for Greencard renewal process here in the USA - after all, OCI card is the same kind of document for India as Greencard is for USA.
              you can do it on the First week of 2017 now. I posted Consulate Open House date on my thread. CKGS just brought the nightmare to Indian people for the last 3 years. If it is the longest history travel company from India, they just shame themselves in the America, I am for sure would not trust this travel agent when I have the option, unlike the Indian Visa that people have to come here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X