Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT -Indepedent Contractor

Hello ,

I am Recent college Graduate student on initial 12 months of OPT.

1)I would like to know can i work as an independent contractor which means on 1099?Will i be eligible to apply for Stem extension ?if yes and RFE has been issued i can produce the offer letter and invoices and 1099

2)Will this kind of employment create any problem at port of entry ,while returning from india having a valid student visa,Valid passport,I -20 correctly endorsed by the DSO and letter of employment which states that i am contracting for work with the company given by H.R.

3)I know there is already a thread the regarding the same but the as time flys the Situation has changed from 17 months t o 24 months and new rules have been made.

Thanks in Advance !!

OPT -Indepedent Contractor

hey guys,,,

the query is very urgent please help me out here !!!

I am Recent college Graduate student on initial 12 months of OPT.

1)I would like to know can i work as an independent contractor which means on 1099?Will i be eligible to apply for Stem extension ?if yes and RFE has been issued i can produce the offer letter and invoices and 1099

2)Will this kind of employment create any problem at port of entry ,while returning from india having a valid student visa,Valid passport,I -20 correctly endorsed by the DSO and letter of employment which states that i am contracting for work with the company given by H.R.

3)I know there is already a thread the regarding the same but the as time flys the Situation has changed from 17 months t o 24 months and new rules have been made.

Thanks in Advance !!

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X