X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for L1 as 'single' but now married - what is needed for wife L2

Hello everyone!

I hope you all can help!

To cut a long story short my husband and I were engaged with a wedding booked in December well before his company out of the blue asked him to move to the states to run stateside offices (in June) My husband has received his L1 visa applied for as 'Single' as we both decided we did not want to get married purely 'for the papers' when our wedding is very soon (december.) I have come to the states with him on my B2 visa and when we return home in Christmas and get married I will apply for my l2.

My question - what does he have to do on his end? Meaning, our biggest concern is that he applied as Single and is now Married.

We are both British.

Thank you

Originally posted by jemmlove12 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I hope you all can help!

To cut a long story short my husband and I were engaged with a wedding booked in December well before his company out of the blue asked him to move to the states to run stateside offices (in June) My husband has received his L1 visa applied for as 'Single' as we both decided we did not want to get married purely 'for the papers' when our wedding is very soon (december.) I have come to the states with him on my B2 visa and when we return home in Christmas and get married I will apply for my l2.

My question - what does he have to do on his end? Meaning, our biggest concern is that he applied as Single and is now Married.

We are both British.

Thank you
    No need to panic. This is a non issue
    Just apply for your L2 by filling the DS 160 and provide bonafide proof of marriage during the visa interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jemmlove12 View Post
      Hello everyone!

I hope you all can help!

We are both British.

Thank you
      This is similar case of millions, who got their L1 before their wedding & now want to bring their spouse over. Go ahead with your application, you'll get the visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thankyou

Thank you both!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X