Do I need to complete a I-90 even tough I enter with SB1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to complete a I-90 even tough I enter with SB1

I am a returning permanent resident to the US on a SB1 visa and was told on entering by immigration my new green card will be mailed to my residence. It has been over 2 months now so i have been going online to see if i can see any time frames for delivery and ran across the I-90 form that needs completion for a new card. My question is do i need to submit this form? I was not told this by the officer that checked me back in and i did undergo a full physical examination as well as finger printing before i was granted the SB1 returning resident visa. I do not mind waiting as the officer said it could take upto 6 months but am concerned that the I-90 should have been processed as well. (or was this all taken care of when the SB1 was processed?)
    Appreciate any help

thank you

Did you get your card yet? My parents are also in similar situation and waiting for the card. Not sure if they need to file I-90

Comment

I see there is an "update" on USCIS that SB1 needs to complete the I-90. I am going to complete the form but am thinking of going to see the local field office to be sure i complete it correctly. Everyone i Called could not help me. So bottomline I am going to get this form done and submit. hope that helps.

Comment

Hi VBS,

I contacted the USCIS and spoke to Level 2 officer. She advised me to file form I-90 with 'Other' category. Did you file form I-90? What category did you choose? Please keep us posted of any updates.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X