confused ? frustrated ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused ? frustrated ?

My fiancé today received her passports back from the consulate in Ankara , with no stamp , and with form 221g with no further documentation requirement , however it said there on the notes that further review is required and will be contacted when finalised , can any one shed some light on this ? how long and so on , what could be the reasoning behind this ?
    any comments will be appreciated
    thank you

Originally posted by jyjy View Post
    My fiancé today received her passports back from the consulate in Ankara , with no stamp , and with form 221g with no further documentation requirement , however it said there on the notes that further review is required and will be contacted when finalised , can any one shed some light on this ? how long and so on , what could be the reasoning behind this ?
    any comments will be appreciated
    thank you
    Were you told of approval at the Embassy? Or did they say they wanted additional documents?
    221(g) is "administrative processing". This means the Embassy is further looking into your case. By them not issuing a visa, it means they want to either further review your petition or waiting for something from you. Like it says, they'll contact you with more information. I believe the maximum time they're allowed to take in "administrative processing" is 60 days.
    Were you guys missing any documents during the interview?
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
      Were you told of approval at the Embassy? Or did they say they wanted additional documents?
      221(g) is "administrative processing". This means the Embassy is further looking into your case. By them not issuing a visa, it means they want to either further review your petition or waiting for something from you. Like it says, they'll contact you with more information. I believe the maximum time they're allowed to take in "administrative processing" is 60 days.
      hI
      They said AP is completed ,per email from them , then they sent us an email saying missing documents , when they were emailed by us , asking them what missing documents they needed , all they said was send the passports back , however when i checked on CEAC, it says AP , when I checked the consular web site it said missing documents , there was no explanation to what was missing , they only said to send in the passports .( there was one missing document which was sent to them )

Comment

hI
        They said AP is completed ,per email from them , then they sent us an email saying missing documents , when they were emailed by us , asking them what missing documents they needed , all they said was send the passports back , however when i checked on CEAC, it says AP , when I checked the consular web site it said missing documents , there was no explanation to what was missing , they only said to send in the passports .( there was one missing document which was sent to them )
        sounds like an approval to me. They must've completed the administrative processing (reviewing your case) and approved it.
        They're asking the passport back so they can now stamp it.
        What is the latest development?
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Hello

sounds like an approval to me. They must've completed the administrative processing (reviewing your case) and approved it.
          latest development the IV consular web site says processing completed CEAC says AO , then we recieved this email today from the consular
          office

Dear Madam;

""Your case is still pending with the consular officer for further review. Due to our high work load it may take some time until it is finalized"".
          really frustrating.
          Any Advise from any one on this ?
          Last edited by jyjy; 12-19-2016, 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Thank you

734 people have read this , and not a single response or input , thank you PKumar01 for your input

Comment

Update

hI
              Received a message saying and I quote ,Hopefully passports will me mailed next week '' no mention of visa just that? any one knows or got such messages such as this ?

Comment

Received a message saying and I quote ,Hopefully passports will me mailed next week '' no mention of visa just that? any one knows or got such messages such as this ?
                Sounds like you got the visa, my friend.
                --Good luck--

Comment

hopefully

Sounds like you got the visa, my friend.
                  i surely hope so , it has been quite an experience

Comment

Cwac

i surely hope so , it has been quite an experience
                    Who updates ceac ?

Comment

So far

So far nothing , we re still waiting , the last we heard from them is that the passports will be mailed this week , and it is already Wednesday

Comment

more and more

Who updates ceac ?
                        The wait is so terrible in as much it takes away your daily life , is any one or has any one experienced
                        this ? if so how long ? after the passports were delivered to the consulate ?

Comment

Case creation date changed

hI
                          Case creation date changed to December 30th , any one knows what this mean ? thank you
                          please let me know what that means. ? APPRECIATED
                          Last edited by jyjy; 12-31-2016, 04:25 AM. Reason: ADDING

Comment

changes on status date

Any one knows anything when the case creation date changes from an earlier date to a later date ) updated date ) what does this mean
                            thank you appreciated

Comment

case creation date changed

Hello does any one know , if the case creation date changes to a present date , what does it mean ? thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X