Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration sponsoring for brother's kids

Hi,

I am a US Citizen. I have 2 brothers in India and they are 50 and 48 years old.
    One brother's kids are 21 and 15 years old, while other brother's kids are 10 and 5 year old.

1. How can I sponsor immigration/greencard/visa for brother's kids?
    2. Is there a possibility to apply for 21 and 15 year olds as well?
    3. If I cannot sponsor for 10 and 5 year old nephews then what options do I have? Is it like I have to sponsor for my brother and then wait for N number of years and once he gets it, he can sponsor for his kids?
    4. What is the wait time now for getting immigration for sibling Greencard? Is it 10-15 years?
    5. What are the options I have here? My intention is to bring atleast 10 and 5 year olds here

Thanks a lot!
    Raj

Originally posted by urfrndme View Post
    Hi,

I am a US Citizen. I have 2 brothers in India and they are 50 and 48 years old.
    One brother's kids are 21 and 15 years old, while other brother's kids are 10 and 5 year old.

1. How can I sponsor immigration/greencard/visa for brother's kids?
    2. Is there a possibility to apply for 21 and 15 year olds as well?
    3. If I cannot sponsor for 10 and 5 year old nephews then what options do I have? Is it like I have to sponsor for my brother and then wait for N number of years and once he gets it, he can sponsor for his kids?
    4. What is the wait time now for getting immigration for sibling Greencard? Is it 10-15 years?
    5. What are the options I have here? My intention is to bring atleast 10 and 5 year olds here

Thanks a lot!
    Raj
    1. You cannot directly file for brother's kids. You will need to file I-130 under sibling file and then include your brother's kids as a derivative beneficiary while your brother remains main beneficiary.
    2. You can do the same thing for the brother who's children are 21 and 15, the child who is 21 will not be eligible and the one who is 15 may or may not be eligible depending on when the file gets to NVC
    4. For sibling greencard, currently it is taking 14 to 15 years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X