Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marrying a US citizen and

hi There,

I entered USA with an Immigration visa (grandfather had filed for my father). After we came in the USA, we were told that our visas were inelgible.
    I entered when I was 11 years old/5th grade. we had social securities and everything else and later our green card was cancelled and even today I don't know what the issue was. I was told that my grand father died therefore the immigration visas were invalid.
    Later my parents filed for political asylum which was denied (2007/2008/2009) and they ever appealed and to what I understood we were asked to leave which we did not.
    I finished junior high, high school and college for Occupational Therapy and work as occupational therapiest but I have no status.
    I even adjusted the status to decca from the obalama immigration for those under 21 I belive.
    more than a year ago I found a girl that I will marry soon.

My question is: when my wife will apply for family petition, will I be eligible to adjust the status in the USA without leaving the country?

please advice.

can anyone help on this?

Comment

Originally posted by nesfrank View Post
      hi There,

I entered USA with an Immigration visa (grandfather had filed for my father). After we came in the USA, we were told that our visas were inelgible.
      I entered when I was 11 years old/5th grade. we had social securities and everything else and later our green card was cancelled and even today I don't know what the issue was. I was told that my grand father died therefore the immigration visas were invalid.
      Later my parents filed for political asylum which was denied (2007/2008/2009) and they ever appealed and to what I understood we were asked to leave which we did not.
      I finished junior high, high school and college for Occupational Therapy and work as occupational therapiest but I have no status.
      I even adjusted the status to decca from the obalama immigration for those under 21 I belive.
      more than a year ago I found a girl that I will marry soon.

My question is: when my wife will apply for family petition, will I be eligible to adjust the status in the USA without leaving the country?

please advice.
      Hello Frank, please understand that I'm not an attorney so what ever I say here is based only on experience.
      I'm pretty much the same as you so if I may:
      1) Are you subject to a removal order?
      2) If you had permanent residence, why was your green card taken away?
      3)The person you are marrying, is she a US Citizen?

If you can answer these questions the forum will be better to guide you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X