I-130 / birth certificate help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 / birth certificate help!

Hope this is in the right forum, it's my first post. I would greatly appreciate some advice. I am looking into getting my motherinlaw into the US using my wife + the I-130 form but I'm unsure on one part. Quick basics, my wife was born in Sacramento, Cali and is 27. Mother lives in Mexico. My wife's 2 sisters and 1 brother were also born in Cali. All are US citizens. Mother is obviously not. So going through the I-130 instructions I see that we need my wife's birth certificate - which we have, but when looking over the instructions I noticed that on it where it lists her mother's DOB the date is obviously wrong. The date it shows is 08/14/35. On her brothers birth certificate it also shows their mother's DOB in the 1930's which is obviously impossible. Their mom is in her late 50's.

So, in summary, is this something that will cause problems? What are our best options? Currently I am trying to get the other sisters birth certificate (she lost it) to see if hers has a more reasonable date for her moms DOB. But I wasn't sure what having an incorrect date on the petitioners birth certificate for the mother's DOB (the person we are trying to bring over) could mean...any suggestions? Thanks!

Confused in AZ.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X