Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help ...Does Being in the military waive ROC

Hi,

I have a question I am currently heartbroken and confused.i met my husband 4 years ago,we date for 2 years and we are married almost 2 years by January.i have my 2 years GC and we are suppose to file for ROC by August 2017. I am a national guard and just recently found out my husband has been cheating on me which he confirmed to me.He wants a divorce and said he is no longer interested in our marriage and wants quoted "his freedom " and doesn't like the idea of being married.
    If we get divorced how will I be able to ROC without him and is it possible for it to be waived being in the military.
    I am so confused,he said he is going to take my name off insurance,bank account and everything we have joint so that we can go our separate ways. He has also moved out of the house and is living with this lady.

Please I need advise on what to do before it get close to the date of my ROC.If he takes my name off everything we have joint together,I won't have enough proof to show that our marriage was bonafides besides pictures,taxes and marriage certificate .

Being in the military do you think it can help me with ROC.

Thanks
    Last edited by STA; 12-10-2016, 08:01 AM.

Just file for ROC by yourself on the basis of divorce, either when the divorce is final, or when you get to the last 90 days before your 2-year card expires, whichever is sooner (This means that if the divorce is final, you don't need to wait until the 90-day window to file; you can file anytime. However, if you get to the 90-day window and your divorce is not final, you should still file anyway and they will give you an RFE with more time to get the final divorce order.)

Start collecting ASAP as much evidence as possible of bona fide marriage up to this point.

Being in the military makes no difference except that if you are stationed abroad, you will submit photos and a fingerprint card with the ROC application instead of having them taken at a biometrics appointment.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response ,I really appreciate it.I will collect all envidence immediately showing bonafide marriage,before he takes me off. I have been so confused and lost,that's why I decided to come here to seek advise.I am so heartbroken and didn't see this coming at all.

Thanks you so much

QUOTE=newacct;474202]Just file for ROC by yourself on the basis of divorce, either when the divorce is final, or when you get to the last 90 days before your 2-year card expires, whichever is sooner (This means that if the divorce is final, you don't need to wait until the 90-day window to file; you can file anytime. However, if you get to the 90-day window and your divorce is not final, you should still file anyway and they will give you an RFE with more time to get the final divorce order.)

Start collecting ASAP as much evidence as possible of bona fide marriage up to this point.

Being in the military makes no difference except that if you are stationed abroad, you will submit photos and a fingerprint card with the ROC application instead of having them taken at a biometrics appointment.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks you so much

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Just file for ROC by yourself on the basis of divorce, either when the divorce is final, or when you get to the last 90 days before your 2-year card expires, whichever is sooner (This means that if the divorce is final, you don't need to wait until the 90-day window to file; you can file anytime. However, if you get to the 90-day window and your divorce is not final, you should still file anyway and they will give you an RFE with more time to get the final divorce order.)

Being in the military makes no difference except that if you are stationed abroad, you will submit photos and a fingerprint card with the ROC application instead of having them taken at a biometrics appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X