Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B validity and Port of Entry

Hi

I hold an H1B Visa valid till Oct 2017. I have traveled to US in Aug 2015 got my SSN and returned back in November 2015 due to health issues. I am back to Normal health and my employer is asking me to travel as he has clients who are willing to hire me if am located in US. He says that hiring by client process will be done only if I am there in USA.

As I lived in US only for 3 months and returned will port of entry/any h1 rules stop me to enter US?
    What kind of documents will help me to clear port of entry?

H1 validity of 3 years means stay in US or from the VISA stamped date?

Please suggest, based on that I can plan my travel.

Thanks & Regards
    Raju

Originally posted by ARajuReddy View Post
    Hi

I hold an H1B Visa valid till Oct 2017. I have traveled to US in Aug 2015 got my SSN and returned back in November 2015 due to health issues. I am back to Normal health and my employer is asking me to travel as he has clients who are willing to hire me if am located in US. He says that hiring by client process will be done only if I am there in USA.

As I lived in US only for 3 months and returned will port of entry/any h1 rules stop me to enter US?
    What kind of documents will help me to clear port of entry?

H1 validity of 3 years means stay in US or from the VISA stamped date?

Please suggest, based on that I can plan my travel.

Thanks & Regards
    Raju
    I don't see a reason as to why you will be asked any question at POE. As long as you have the valid H1 visa and you are going to join the same employer and location as mentioned in original petition, you should be good.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X