Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certificate of Naturalization Number? Form I-129F 13d. And questions about I-134A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate of Naturalization Number? Form I-129F 13d. And questions about I-134A

Hello Everyone.

I've been having a really hard time finding the answer to this question and it may be because I'm overthinking it.

I am the applicant applying for my foreign fiancee. In form I-129F, Section 13, it ask how my citizenship was acquired - Should I check the box Naturalization or Parents if I received citizenship to the US because my parents were naturalized when I was under 18?

The next question (13d) asked: Have you obtained a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship in your name?
    Now, should I have received a Naturalization certificate or Citizenship certificate when my parents got naturalized? My parents don't have any records of that of me and my dad keeps all documents. He insists that my passport came with theirs after they were naturalized and nothing else was given to me to prove my citizenship.
    If I should have it, it has probally gotten lost, can i put in my SSN instead? If i have to get a new one, how long would that usually take?

I'm just very confused, hopefully you guys can understand where I'm coming from!

The other question I had was: do we send in Form I-134A, Affidavit of Support with the I-129F? I quit my job to go visit my now fiancee and am currently employed so I am planning to send in a I-134A and have my brother-in-law send one in as well with the I-129F packet.
    Do you guys think that would be ok? Should I just send one, my brother-in-law's?

Also on the I-134A it wants the certificate of Naturalization number.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Put Parents.

People in your situation could get a Certificate of Citizenship but often do not because it is not necessary. Just answer based on whether you got one or not.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by coldfire View Post
      Hello Everyone.

I've been having a really hard time finding the answer to this question and it may be because I'm overthinking it.

I am the applicant applying for my foreign fiancee. In form I-129F, Section 13, it ask how my citizenship was acquired - Should I check the box Naturalization or Parents if I received citizenship to the US because my parents were naturalized when I was under 18?

The next question (13d) asked: Have you obtained a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship in your name?
      Now, should I have received a Naturalization certificate or Citizenship certificate when my parents got naturalized? My parents don't have any records of that of me and my dad keeps all documents. He insists that my passport came with theirs after they were naturalized and nothing else was given to me to prove my citizenship.
      If I should have it, it has probally gotten lost, can i put in my SSN instead? If i have to get a new one, how long would that usually take?

I'm just very confused, hopefully you guys can understand where I'm coming from!

The other question I had was: do we send in Form I-134A, Affidavit of Support with the I-129F? I quit my job to go visit my now fiancee and am currently employed so I am planning to send in a I-134A and have my brother-in-law send one in as well with the I-129F packet.
      Do you guys think that would be ok? Should I just send one, my brother-in-law's?

Also on the I-134A it wants the certificate of Naturalization number.

Thank you so much for your help!!
      I was also naturalized when I was too young. My parent's got the citizenship. However, they were given the option to get certificates for me. Which they did and I have one. That's the number I used for my I-129f. So, it sounds like your parents didn't opt for the citizenship certificate. No matter, it's not a problem.

The I-134 is not required at the I-129F stage. You need to send it to your foreign fiancee when it's time for the interview. Not now, although it is allowed. If you're going to be employed by the time she has her interview, then you can send in your own I-134 (assuming you meet the poverty limits). Otherwise, if you don't work or don't make enough by the time of the interview, then you use a joint sponsor.
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X