DS 160: Question on 'Marriage Certificate':

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160: Question on 'Marriage Certificate':

I am a US Citizen and processing K1 Fiancee Visa. My Fiance is an Indian Citizen. We both are Divorced and we are planning to get married in US.

1. Mumbai Consulate has sent Visa Interview Instructional Packet-4. They are asking for 'Marriage Certificate' but my Fiancee DO NOT have her Marriage Certificate. She has her Divorce Decree. I think Divorce Decree is sufficient for K1 Fiancee Visa. Please advise. I think Packet-4 requirements are in general for K1, K3 and Green Cards.

Originally posted by Harshasg View Post
    I am a US Citizen and processing K1 Fiancee Visa. My Fiance is an Indian Citizen. We both are Divorced and we are planning to get married in US.

1. Mumbai Consulate has sent Visa Interview Instructional Packet-4. They are asking for 'Marriage Certificate' but my Fiancee DO NOT have her Marriage Certificate. She has her Divorce Decree. I think Divorce Decree is sufficient for K1 Fiancee Visa. Please advise. I think Packet-4 requirements are in general for K1, K3 and Green Cards.
    Yes sometimes the general immigrants visa requirements are listed in the K-1 visa packet. For instance the Delhi K-1 packet lists "marriage certificates" if applicable. Since it's a K-1 visa, it's not applicable. So, it's the same with the Mumbai Consulate. You will definitely have to provide originals, copies and translations of divorce documents from both petitioner and applicant.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

DS 160: Question on 'Marriage Certificate':

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
      Yes sometimes the general immigrants visa requirements are listed in the K-1 visa packet. For instance the Delhi K-1 packet lists "marriage certificates" if applicable. Since it's a K-1 visa, it's not applicable. So, it's the same with the Mumbai Consulate. You will definitely have to provide originals, copies and translations of divorce documents from both petitioner and applicant.
      Thanks very much for response. Yes we will be providing both of our Divorce Decrees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X