X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage in USA - Then returning home

Hi,

Compliments of the Season to you all.

Looking through this forum I see many questions of visiting USA and marrying a US Citizen then seeking to change status to remain in USA.

My situaution is different.

I intend to marry in the USA (New Jersey) to a US Citizen and then my new wife and I will return to Scotland for at least a year. During that time in Scotland we will apply for me to be permitted to enter USA.

The question is, what must I do to arrange our marriage? I had intended to do this on a ESTA however this may not be the way its done or indeed it may not be permissable to be done in this way?

Grateful for any advice and guidance.

TIA

It's perfectly fine to marry on VWP as long as you are going to leave.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You can marry on a VWP while in the U.S. and if new spouse is a U.S. citizen, you can proceed with petition and Adjustment of Status without leave the U.S. during processing.

---Ray B

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      It's perfectly fine to marry on VWP as long as you are going to leave.

Comment

changing the status b1b2 to ir Green card

i am second time in (Texas)USA on b1b2 visa and got married with US citizen please help me what is the procedure and requirement to get the EAD or Green Card i am in Corpus Tx

Comment

To begin your Permanent Resident status procedure, you must submit I-130 and I-485 forms, with supporting documents and fees of $535 (for I-130) and $1,225 (I-485).

--Ray B

Originally posted by Ahmad82 View Post
          i am second time in (Texas)USA on b1b2 visa and got married with US citizen please help me what is the procedure and requirement to get the EAD or Green Card i am in Corpus Tx

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            To begin your Permanent Resident status procedure, you must submit I-130 and I-485 forms, with supporting documents and fees of $535 (for I-130) and $1,225 (I-485).

--Ray B
            Thanks for reply Sir please tell me both i have to submit or 130 my wife will do and birth certificate of mine required from Pakistan or national id and Passport is sufficient ?

Comment

Ahmadi,

Your wife, as the U.S. citizen petitioner, must submit the paperwork to our immigration agency, USCIS. Supporting documents will include your birth certificate, in original langauge and with professional English translation, and same with marriage certificate.

--Ray B

Thanks for reply Sir please tell me both i have to submit or 130 my wife will do and birth certificate of mine required from Pakistan or national id and Passport is sufficient ?

Comment

Ahmad

Your wife, as the U.S. citizen petitioner, must submit the paperwork to our immigration agency, USCIS. Supporting documents will include your birth certificate, in original langauge and with professional English translation, and same with marriage certificate.

--Ray B
                Sir i am in corpus near office to me is San Antonio we can do every thing online or we have to go in office 130 and 485 both my wife will submit please share all the necessary things we have to do

Thanks and BestRegards

Ahmad
                Tx

Comment

You must submit your I-130 and Adjustment of Status paperwork t the following address:
                  USCIS
                  PO Box 805887
                  Chicago, IL 60680-4120

--Ray B

Sir i am in corpus near office to me is San Antonio we can do every thing online or we have to go in office 130 and 485 both my wife will submit please share all the necessary things we have to do

Thanks and BestRegards

Ahmad
                  Tx

Comment

You must submit your I-130 and Adjustment of Status paperwork t the following address:
                    USCIS
                    PO Box 805887
                    Chicago, IL 60680-4120

--Ray B
                    ok its mean i will fill both 130 485 and send to this address and finger print i can give in san antnio and interview ?

Comment

Right,

You submit all the forms to Chicago, then will be given a location for Biometrics (fingerprinting) and another location for your interview (sometimes same location as Biometrics).

--Ray B

ok its mean i will fill both 130 485 and send to this address and finger print i can give in san antnio and interview ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuwoolf View Post
                        Hi,

Compliments of the Season to you all.

Looking through this forum I see many questions of visiting USA and marrying a US Citizen then seeking to change status to remain in USA.

My situaution is different.

I intend to marry in the USA (New Jersey) to a US Citizen and then my new wife and I will return to Scotland for at least a year. During that time in Scotland we will apply for me to be permitted to enter USA.

The question is, what must I do to arrange our marriage? I had intended to do this on a ESTA however this may not be the way its done or indeed it may not be permissable to be done in this way?

Grateful for any advice and guidance.

TIA
                        Its fine to marry i US Citizen while here on the Visa waiver Program, I did it on the VWP i am from the UK. There is a grey area about coming across on the VWP ,marring and the staying to Adjust the status. If that is the route you want to take i would serious consider the visa to come here to get married (K1 i think) it will make the AOS easier and not raise any eyebrows. I came here in March 2014 got married then we both returned to a post i was on abroad for a year. When i came back in April things changed and i was able to stay. We then started the AOS status, i wasnt even sure if i could do it then because i was here on a Visa waiver but a meeting with a lawyer laid that to rest.
                        I was told by imagration that to marry on the VWP and stay is against the regulations you excepted when you got the VWP. Some officers will hold it to the letter and some not but in my eyes if i want to stay with my wife i am not going to risk that on heresay or the slightest hint of doubt.

Good luck, if you want anymore info PM me i would be glad to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayou_brit View Post
                          Its fine to marry i US Citizen while here on the Visa waiver Program, I did it on the VWP i am from the UK. There is a grey area about coming across on the VWP ,marring and the staying to Adjust the status. If that is the route you want to take i would serious consider the visa to come here to get married (K1 i think) it will make the AOS easier and not raise any eyebrows. I came here in March 2014 got married then we both returned to a post i was on abroad for a year. When i came back in April things changed and i was able to stay. We then started the AOS status, i wasnt even sure if i could do it then because i was here on a Visa waiver but a meeting with a lawyer laid that to rest.
                          I was told by imagration that to marry on the VWP and stay is against the regulations you excepted when you got the VWP. Some officers will hold it to the letter and some not but in my eyes if i want to stay with my wife i am not going to risk that on heresay or the slightest hint of doubt.

Good luck, if you want anymore info PM me i would be glad to help out.
                          I just got my green card approved and expecting the physical card in the post any day now. Nothing was asked about me staying, getting married here or anything about the VWP. If you are genuine then you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Hi

I am in the USA and intending to marry on the VWP then AOS

I originally came here on a first VWP late November and intend to depart after 90 days then return in May to marry then AOS

This sounds ok, right?

Thanks for any help in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Bayou_brit View Post
                              I just got my green card approved and expecting the physical card in the post any day now. Nothing was asked about me staying, getting married here or anything about the VWP. If you are genuine then you have nothing to worry about.
                              How was the interview? What do they ask and want to see?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X