I-131 (2 years or 1.5 years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 (2 years or 1.5 years)

I did apply for I-131 in May 2016 and after a month got biometrics done in US. Recently I have received a call from US consulate to come and pick your documents. I have got passport kind (Green Color) travel book and dates are as follows:

Date of Issue: 16 Oct 2016
    Date of Expiration: 16 Feb 2018

If I calculate from Oct 2016 or May 2016, I am not getting 2 years relaxation.

Any suggestion or help please.

Zain

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
    I did apply for I-131 in May 2016 and after a month got biometrics done in US. Recently I have received a call from US consulate to come and pick your documents. I have got passport kind (Green Color) travel book and dates are as follows:

Date of Issue: 16 Oct 2016
    Date of Expiration: 16 Feb 2018

If I calculate from Oct 2016 or May 2016, I am not getting 2 years relaxation.

Any suggestion or help please.

Zain
    Expecting help in the matter.. I have got 1.5 years permission instead of 2 years.

Comment

Zain,

If this is your second or later Reentry Permit application, USCIS may have given you a shorter duration of Reentry Permit. Also, you may have indicated a requested duration of less than two years in answers to questions on the I-131. Also, however, THE TERMINATION OF THE REENTRY PERMIT WOULD COINCIDE WITH AN EXPIRATION OF YOUR GREEN CARD.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
      Expecting help in the matter.. I have got 1.5 years permission instead of 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Zain,

If this is your second or later Reentry Permit application, USCIS may have given you a shorter duration of Reentry Permit. Also, you may have indicated a requested duration of less than two years in answers to questions on the I-131. Also, however, THE TERMINATION OF THE REENTRY PERMIT WOULD COINCIDE WITH AN EXPIRATION OF YOUR GREEN CARD.

-Ray B
        Dear Ray,

Thanks for reply.
        You are absolutely right Sir. I have just checked my Green Card and expiration date is same as on Reentry permit (16 Feb 2018). Sir if I make my travel in Dec 2017 or Jan 2018 so it is gonna be fine ?

Regards
        Zain

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X