Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a wrong address of person paying for my trip affect my visa application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a wrong address of person paying for my trip affect my visa application?

I'm currently applying for a J-1 visa, and my interview is this coming January 5. I felt really confident after clicking the sign and submit button on the online DS 160 form, but all that confidence were gone when my sister (who is a US Citizen) took a look at my information overview. On the application, there is a part where you're asked who's paying for my trip and the person's address. Here comes the problem:

My mother was recently given an immigrant visa through a petition filed by my sister last September. She was in the US for a month but came back here in the Philippines to finalise her retirement. She is already a legal permanent resident of the United States, and that's what I overlooked. What I entered on my DS-160 form is that I clicked "same home/mailing address" as mine, and that shows that her address is still here in our home country. I don't know what to do since my interview is already on January 5 and I can't edit my DS-160 online since I've already submitted it, and I can't afford to cancel my interview and make a new DS-160 form since my training (DS start date) will start on January 9. What do I do? Will that affect my visa approval? Can I just tell the consular officer that I made a mistake? Is there a booth/part on the US Embassy that can tell me or help me edit this information without changing my visa interview date?

Thank you to everyone who will provide answers and help regarding this matter.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X