Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble getting a visa interview appointment in Ciudad Juarez...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble getting a visa interview appointment in Ciudad Juarez...

I applied to get a fiance visa for my Mexican girlfriend in October, 2016. The USCIS and NVC both approved the visa petition and sent it to Ciudad Juarez for processing. I followed the instructions and completed and submitted the DS-160 (around December 15th, 2016). Then, I went to the Ciudad Juarez website , created an account for my fiance, logged in, entered the necessary information, and got to the page that asks for a payment and to schedule an appointment, but every time I get there, it shows no available appointments. I keep getting the message, "There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments." (see screenshot below) I have been checking this page every day, multiple times per day, for the last two and a half weeks and I keep getting that same message. I have called the consulate and they can't really give me much information except that the reason I can't make a payment is because there aren't any appointments to select... Otherwise, they just tell me the same thing as the website, that I have to check back in a couple days to see if there are any other appointments available... It is really nerve-racking that they can't tell me when there will be an update or even just put me on a waiting list. Part of me says that this is happening because of the holidays, but another part of me thinks something is wrong. I'm really not sure what it could be though, as I've followed the instructions explicitly, since the beginning. I'm wondering if any other community members are having trouble, or have had trouble in the past, once they get to this step, and if so, any advice or steps I could take to expedite the process. Thanks for your time and patience.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 8.28.03 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	591885

Edit: I got ahold of applicant services, they're still giving me the runaround, but they did confirm that the process has been completed correctly, up to this point. Basically they're saying that everything is fine on my end, but that I need to keep waiting, basically indefinitely, for the consulate to open up appointment times.

Comment

Originally posted by SirKilfoy View Post
      Edit: I got ahold of applicant services, they're still giving me the runaround, but they did confirm that the process has been completed correctly, up to this point. Basically they're saying that everything is fine on my end, but that I need to keep waiting, basically indefinitely, for the consulate to open up appointment times.

were you able to make an appointment ? please explain in detail... im stuck in the same situation !!

Comment

Originally posted by ramyjr02 View Post
        were you able to make an appointment ? Please explain in detail... Im stuck in the same situation !!
        were you able to get a date? I am also trying to make an appointment...

Comment

Were you able to make an appointment?

Originally posted by ramyjr02 View Post
          were you able to make an appointment ? Please explain in detail... Im stuck in the same situation !!
          i am also trying to schedule

Comment

Are you checking online or are you physically calling to try to get an appointment?

Originally posted by sirkilfoy View Post
            i applied to get a fiance visa for my mexican girlfriend in october, 2016. The uscis and nvc both approved the visa petition and sent it to ciudad juarez for processing. I followed the instructions and completed and submitted the ds-160 (around december 15th, 2016). Then, i went to the ciudad juarez website , created an account for my fiance, logged in, entered the necessary information, and got to the page that asks for a payment and to schedule an appointment, but every time i get there, it shows no available appointments. I keep getting the message, "there are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the consular section will open more appointments." (see screenshot below) i have been checking this page every day, multiple times per day, for the last two and a half weeks and i keep getting that same message. I have called the consulate and they can't really give me much information except that the reason i can't make a payment is because there aren't any appointments to select... Otherwise, they just tell me the same thing as the website, that i have to check back in a couple days to see if there are any other appointments available... It is really nerve-racking that they can't tell me when there will be an update or even just put me on a waiting list. Part of me says that this is happening because of the holidays, but another part of me thinks something is wrong. I'm really not sure what it could be though, as i've followed the instructions explicitly, since the beginning. I'm wondering if any other community members are having trouble, or have had trouble in the past, once they get to this step, and if so, any advice or steps i could take to expedite the process. Thanks for your time and patience.
            [ATTACH]652[/ATTACH]
            hello there, just wondering have you gotten an appointment already? I actually called twice in the last 2 weeks. The person on the phone stated that they have no idea when the calendar will open. It can be any day, any time. So i am checking everyday on the website like meal times; morning, afternoon, evening even nights and nothing. This is ridiculous. Wouldn't you think there should be a better system like maybe a waiting list.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X